RJ Spagnols Started my Winery Series Cab tonight

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is at 19 months and I have 10 bottles and 2 splits left. Had one a few weeks ago and it was as good as everyone says

I just bottled my EP Cab 3 weeks ago. It was 11 months at that time. Unbelievably good. I have yet to try them side by side. Maybe do up a prime rib on my egg for a good pairing and then compare them. I will report back when i give it a go.

cheers

Thanks, I'm glad you liked the label. I wasn't sure about it at first but it's starting to grow on me some now.

Mine is at 19 months and I have 10 bottles and 2 splits left. Had one a few weeks ago and it was as good as everyone says

I just bottled my EP Cab 3 weeks ago. It was 11 months at that time. Unbelievably good. I have yet to try them side by side. Maybe do up a prime rib on my egg for a good pairing and then compare them. I will report back when i give it a go.

cheers

Well last night my wife and I sat down to compare the EP Cab against the Winery Series Cab. I would like to say that it was a toss up between which one we liked better, but the truth was it wasn't even close. The EP Cabernet Sauvignon was richer with more flavour that lasted all the way down the throat. It had a depth to it that the other lacked. In fact after we sipped the EP, the other seemed almost watery by comparison. I was kind of surprised as the Winery Cab was 6 months older. To be fair to the Winery Cab, it was good and compared to a regualar 6 week kit, it was far superior. It's just that it was lacking when next to the bigger kit.

So I guess you do get what you pay for. :try

Cheers

Thanks for the review, Ron - I've been thinking about trying one of the EP's when the time is right and the cab or the amarone are the ones I was looking at.

Latest posts

Back