started first strawberry breeze

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chachi44089

Reaction score
update on my strawberry breeze

My wife brought home 13 cans of welchs strawberry breeze frozen concentrate so I went to work.. I decided to make 14 liters. That will fill 3 "carlo rossi" secondaries and leave 2 liters for topping off. I added all 13 cans to my primary and filled with water to 14 liters. I took a gravity reading at 1.070 . I needed no sugar! I added 3 tsp of acid blend, 3 tsp of nutrient and 1 tsp of pectic enzyme "thats all I had". Hooked up my PID heater and am waiting for must to hit 72f then pitch yeast. Have any of you made it with a concentration this high as to not need sugar at that potential alcohol? I made it lower ABV so the aclohol doesnt overpower the taste. Cant wait to see how it turns out. What do you guys and gals think?

Last edited:
My wife brought home 13 cans of welchs strawberry breeze frozen concentrate so I went to work.. I decided to make 14 liters. That will fill 3 "carlo rossi" secondaries and leave 2 liters for topping off. I added all 13 cans to my primary and filled with water to 14 liters. I took a gravity reading at 1.070 . I needed no sugar! I added 3 tsp of acid blend, 3 tsp of nutrient and 1 tsp of pectic enzyme "thats all I had". Hooked up my PID heater and am waiting for must to hit 72f then pitch yeast. Have any of you made it with a concentration this high as to not need sugar at that potential alcohol? I made it lower ABV so the aclohol doesnt overpower the taste. Cant wait to see how it turns out. What do you guys and gals think?

I do make this and I usually shoot for an sg of 1.080. In gallons what is 14 liters?

14 Liters = 3.698 US gallons or 3.080 UK gallons.
or as he said, 3 carlo rossi secondaries (3 gallons) and 2 liters ( 1/2 gallon) for topping up.

Sounds like your spot on. Sg is a little low, but that's may be what your aiming for. Sounds good, keep us updated!

Ok, heres the update. I started it on may 19. Out of secondary on May 27. Today is June 9 and it is crystal clear "I used no clarifiers", so I racked it and stabilized with sorbate and k-meta. It is very clear and smells good, a little yeast smell but not bad. As far as the taste.. lol .. its like lemon juice with a hint of strawberry.. I put a little leftover wine in a glass and added a bit of sugar and mixed it. Much better. Just a bit tart. This should smooth out with age right? I hope. The color is amazing!

Latest posts

Back