Stag's Leap Merlot - low OG

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBP

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started the WE SLM today - added water to 6 gal mark (BMB) per instructions, then added grape skins. OG about an hour after grape skins added was only 1.080, which seems quite low. Haven't pitched yeast yet. Bummed that I should have checked OG before adding all the water as I hate to chapitalize a higher end kit like this. Seems like that would be the logical next step at this point?

Started the WE SLM today - added water to 6 gal mark (BMB) per instructions, then added grape skins. OG about an hour after grape skins added was only 1.080, which seems quite low. Haven't pitched yeast yet. Bummed that I should have checked OG before adding all the water as I hate to chapitalize a higher end kit like this. Seems like that would be the logical next step at this point?
The skins should give you another .013 - .015 of SG once they’ve had a chance to release their sugar into the mix. I’ve done this kit a number of times,it’s always been good. If, for some reason, your SG doesn’t come up by tomorrow, a bit of sugar will get you home.

Latest posts

Back