Stablize??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lexadmn

Junior
Reaction score
Sorry I have to ask..... but I have read thru the posts and the pdf book for beginners offered and I am not seeing much on stablizing.
I have 6 gal of apple that reads .990 sg and have not seen any evidence of activity for several days.
At this point, do I rack it again and let it set under an airlock for settlement purposes or is there something I need to be doing/adding?

:?

KC

At this point I would add sulfites, sorbate and degas. I would also add ascorbic acid as it will aid the sulfites in keeping this wine a nice color.

At this point I would add sulfites, sorbate and degas. I would also add ascorbic acid as it will aid the sulfites in keeping this wine a nice color.

I have potassium sorbate (1/2 tsp. per gallon) and potassium metabisulphite (1/4 tsp. per 5 gallon). Is this what you are mentioning?

Thanks
KC

Yes,
The Potassium Metsbisulfite 1/4 tsp for 6 gallons
The Potassiun Sorbate 1/2 tsp per gallon is added after your wine dry .990 and after you degas the wine.

Back