SS Brew Bucket

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acommonsoul

Junior
Reaction score
Is it possible to ferment a wine kit in an SS Brewbucket? The Brewbucket is 7 gallons....I'm concerned because the kit instructions say a 7.9 gallon minimum fermentor. If anyone has experience with this please let me know before I have to go out and buy another fermentor. Thanks

I have tried to find the same answer. I doing know from experience but from what I have read it would depend on a few things. If you are adding skins you would be decreasing you head space even more. If you had a a very strong fermentation you might not have enough head space.

Again I would like to hear if anybody has had success or failures with a 7 gallon fermenter making a 6 gallon kit with and without skins.

I wouldn't ferment a kit with skins in a 7 gallon fermenter. No skins, no problem.

I agree with Jim. If you are making a kit with skins and you have a vigorous fermentation, you could overflow. Red kits without skins and white kits are probably safe. Just keep a close watch on it and have a bucket ready if fermentation really takes off and you need to scoop out a gallon or so. The real hairy time is in the first few days. After that, you should be fine.

Latest posts

Back