Square bottles for cooking wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjd

Wine Lover
Reaction score
I make several wines just for cooking. I know it has been said you should never cook with wines that you would not drink. I tend to disagree with that statement. I have made wine from Vidalia onions, Garlic and Jalapeno Peppers that i would not want to drink but is excellent for cooking. I also make fermented hot sauce like tobasco.
Anyway, i recently started searching for a source for 500 ml square bottles with screw on caps for my cooking wines. I finally found a source but they are located in California and I'm in Pennsylvania. They quoted me $250 for freight for one pallet of glass. It seems there is 72 cases on a pallet. it makes the cost of each bottle with a cap about 80 cents but it would probably take a lifetime to use up all of the bottles. Does anyone have an interest in any of these bottles? I really only wanted 10 or 15 cases. I sure would be happy to share some of them with you. They are Dark green.

Phil,

A number of us have bought from All American Containers. You call the rep in the Finger Lakes but pick up the bottles around Pittsburgh. I found this screw cap Olive Oil bottle there. Hope this helps.
Marasca
500 ml

Description: Marasca

Capacity: 500 ml

Listing: Marasca

Tapered/Straight: Straight

Punt: Flat

Finish: ROPE

001.jpg

Back