Spring Wine Making

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montanaWineGuy

Reaction score
I picked a HUGE amount of Apples last September and put them into the 26cf freezer. And I have enough blueberries (also frozen) for four 6 gallon batches. I should have 8 six gallon carboys going strong in a few days. Hopefully they will be ready for bottling in Aug when the Apples, Elderberries and Oregon Grapes are ready for harvesting. And yesterday, I picked up 100lbs of sugar, that was on sale.

500 bottles of wine is the goal this year. :db

The 1st two Six gallon batches are fermenting in the big buckets. I'll be moving them to the carboys soon. Since the original post a neighbor made a Costco run for me and picked up 250lbs of sugar. *** Gasp!!! ***

All total, I can make as much as 700 bottles of wine this year. I'll be starting on the next 2 six gallon batches soon. Apple wine. Apple is my favorite; 1) good flavor, 2) fast clearing, 3) no post fermentation issues that I've experienced, and 4) apples are free from several different trees in the area.

My new cost calculations with the bulk purchases of sugar and wine corks --> cost per bottle of wine is now under 40c. :db

Latest posts

Back