Spray sulflite in bottles?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teamsterjohn

Reaction score
With a auto bottle sprayer, how much k-meta should I add to water for the sprayer? Thanks.

You'll go through spray bottles every couple of months. the kmeta corrodes the plastic and metal parts.

You'll go through spray bottles every couple of months. the kmeta corrodes the plastic and metal parts.

*My* spray bottle has been going for a year or more ... k-meta + citric acid

I just use the el cheapo $1 store bottles. maybe i should get one of those nice home depot ones. they are much sturdier.

Sorry guys, I ment to say in my Ferrari bottle washer to sanitize, how much k-meta and water should I use right before I bottle my wine

I just use the same mixture I use for sanitizing everything else, 2 tablespoons per 4 litres and put about 500 mls (2 cups) in the sanitizer. When I've finished I empty the sanitizer and rinse it well with water.

I've been using the same plastic spritz bottle for about 2 years. :b

Same here.. Make a sanitizing solution and add some to a spray bottle and the rest keep in a 1 gal carboy under airlock.

Dugger answered what was wanted but Ive had my sporayer for 4 1/2 years now and it finally gave up on me this weekend. I got mine at HomeDepot for about $3.19 then.

Wade I think that's how long mine has been and it's still going strong. Never thought about it chewing thru it.

I also have used the same spray bottle for close to two years. If you are storing your k meta in a plastic milk jug you will want to change that out every few months though. I use a glass jug in my corkidor but use a plastic jug for sanitizing solution. It will work on the plastic of milk jugs over time. Just a word of caution.

Wow Wade, that must have be a Farrari bottle. Go to the womens makeup counter and ask for a spritz bottle. It's about a buck.
Tom, why the airlock, don't the fumes escape and weaken the mixture? Mine is sealed in a plastic 1 gal. juice bottle. :b

I keep my mix in a 3 or 5 gallon carboy w/filled airlock. Nothing in it. Now if you want to add hoses then in a bucket w lid w airlock. Remember there need not be contact w/ the mix. If no airl;ock then you will smell up the room and quickly weeken the mix.

Why dont you came to next months wine club POOL meeting and discuss

I keep my mix in a 3 or 5 gallon carboy w/filled airlock. Nothing in it. Now if you want to add hoses then in a bucket w lid w airlock. Remember there need not be contact w/ the mix. If no airl;ock then you will smell up the room and quickly weeken the mix.

Why dont you came to next months wine club POOL meeting and discuss

Tom I think the confusion is why an air lock instead of a sealed container or solid bung. Essentially all three give the same results.

Latest posts

Back