Spray programs

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mljcpa

Junior
Reaction score
Is there a good place to research or look up recommended spray programs (fungicidal & insect) for my specific area, East Texas? I see recommendations for certain diseases and the applicable fungicide, but I was hoping there is some kind of general spray program plan I could expect to at least start out with.

Thanks!

I recommend you contact your local agricultural or university extension for help. Texas A&M is maybe the best the place to start. You can contact them directly or via their ag info web sites.

You can also start with a basic, and very --very-- generic, search at your favorite search engine:

https://bfy.tw/T7uf
Hope this helps.

I was sick, in the hospital and missed the time for the spray program to start. They are now past flowering and have grape clusters clearly visible. I was just out there for the first time this year and found black rot lesions on a few leaves. Will spraying now with mancozeb help? I can remove the visibly infected leaves, is there anything else I can do?

Go on and spray. Remember, if you remove the affected leaves and berries to get them out of the vineyard. The recommendation is to bury or burn the material that is affected. I think it is never too late to try to save. Remember manzate/mancozeb has a 66 day PHI. I'm getting close to my cut off date.

Latest posts

Back