SPICY BBQ SAUCE

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masta

Reaction score
Here is a great BBQ sauce for those like a little heat and my biggest rib fan (my son Hunter) helped me develop this and it is worth sharing!

</font>1 cup tomato ketchup<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /></font></font></span>

</font>1 chipotle pepper in Adobo (chopped fine)</font></font></span>

</font>½ cup dark brown sugar</font></font></span>

</font>1 tbsp honey</font></font></span>

</font>2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar</font></font></span>

</font>2 tbsp water</font></font></span>

</font>1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce</font></font></span>

</font>1 tsp kosher salt</font></font></span>

</font>1 tsp fresh ground black pepper</font></font></span>

</font>½ tsp garlic powder</font></font></span>

</font>½ tsp ground ginger</font></font></span>

</font>½ tsp dry mustard</font></font></span>

</font>¼ tsp onion powder</font></font></span>

</font>¼ tsp liquid smoke</font></font></span>

</font></font></span>

</font>Combine all ingredients in sauce pan and cook over low
heat for 30 mins </font></font></span>

</font>Makes about 2 cups enough for 3 full racks of baby back
ribs</font></font></span>

</font>

You had me at Chipotle!
smiley31.gif

Recipe for smoker.. Time/Temp.. mop? wood etc...

I use aMasterbuilt electric smoker which maintains the proper temp over a long period of time like a champ. Prep of ribs is simple with removal of membrane of back side of baby back ribs. Then a generous sprinkle of Valley Spice sweet rub which is a combo of Mojjo, smoked Paprika and turbanoando sugar(sugar in the raw). Let ribs warm to room temp for 1 hour before putting into preheated smoker. I run the smoker at a temp of 215 F and cook ribs for a total of 6 hours. Water soaked hickory chips are replaced every hour. This smoker has a chip pan above the heating element and you must dump the burnt chips each time before adding more. After 4 hours spritz the ribs with apple juice every45 mins to maintain moisture. After removing from smoker slather with BBQ sauce and place on very hot grill for 2 mins each side just to caramelize the sauce and serve!

Many would say neither does grape juice that comes in a "box or pail" and "good wine" but we knowit works well and produces an awesome product!
smiley2.gif

Thanks for the receipe, wonder how it would be on some wings? Hmmm

Latest posts

Back