Spiced Apple

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which option for the spiced apple

• Let it age for 6 months and check a bottle.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Mix it with some other wine.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • It will make great Christmas presents!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Madriver Wines

Reaction score
I just bottled a 1 gallon batch of spiced apple that I dont care for. I put several cloves in a tea bag and left it in the must for 3 days. I also added a cinnamin stick for a couple weeks. Now all I can taste is clove with a hint of apple!! So my question is do I:
1)Take the obvious approach and let it age 6 months and try a bottle ect.
2)Blend it with another wine (which one?)
3)Give it away at Christmas
I will go with the majority.

Have you thought about sweetening it up? Turn it into an aperitif to accompany a cheeseboard and dried fruit at the end of a meal?

Allie

another option..

sulphite, sweeten and bottle it.. Stick it in a corner and forget about it for a year

Allie

Dont bottle let it bulk age. Time will smooth the cloves. Like what Wade said maybe blend it or try a f-pac.

I made the same mistake with my Ancient Orange Mead, well that and I used wine yeast! Ok 2 mistakes on that batch!!!!

Its bottled and in the cellar hoping someday it will get better, havent tried it in about 5 months so maybe Ill try another bottle soon.

I will put that on the list of bottles we are going to open when I get there.:) Man are we going to get loaded.:b

Latest posts

Back