Special Project with 2013 Vino Superiore Sangiovese

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know keystone well. By far the biggest shop I’ve ever seen. More like a warehouse. Didn’t know they sold frozen must. Did you order online or pick up in store?

I order online and its here within 2-3 business days

So we're now in MLF. I ended up with 3.5 gallons of Nebbiolo. I have one 3 gallon carboy to the brim and a single one-gallon jug that is half marble/half wine.

I dropped in two light American oak sticks into the 3 gallon carboy and left the 1 gallon alone. So far this is phenomenal. It's brand new and if this is the starting point I think we've got a winner

My biggest problem now is anxiousness while it ages with nothing to do, so I've ordered another frozen must from winegrapesdirect. Should be here on saturday

Bumping this because, although its a bit early, I bottled the Nebbiolo about 3 weeks ago. The tannins were SUPER strong. Made me pucker. Decided to crack a bottle tonight just to do an "approximate month" status check and the tannins have calmed to an enjoyable level and everything is great.

Thanks for the answer, in Italy, generally not used, only large companies to make large quantities, here the producers rely more on selected yeasts to enhance the aromas and hints of the wine.

Latest posts

Back