Special Christmas Gifts

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
I purchased a group of wood wine (6) boxes off of e-bay that came in Friday

and in prepration of using them for presenting Christmas gifts of my wines I had a friend make me up some metal, adhesive backed tags with my "Cats Meow Winery" logo on them.

meowbox.jpg

In these pictures, I had already sanded off all the brand and winery info from the boxes and affixed my Logo to them.

wineboxes.jpg

This one is going to my Daughter, Sherrie. My Son will get an identical one.

winebox.jpg

Really nice Waldo! That's a beautiful display of your fine wines. Anyone who receives such a treasured gift should consider themselves very lucky!

Merry Christmas!

Wow! Those are beautiful, Waldo!!! You find the best things on eBay!!! =)

That is very cool. I love the way the bottles look all snug in the box w/ the different labels and colors!

Absolutely fantastic. What is Waldo's ? Wine? Did you forget what was in the carboy?
smiley36.gif

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Waldo, Very nice presentation
smiley32.gif
, and what an extremely nice gift idea. I'll Have to plan ahead now for next year.

Have you tried torching a box just a little to give that wood, or imitation Oak smell?

smurfe said:
Absolutely fantastic. What is Waldo's ? Wine? Did you forget what was in the carboy?
smiley36.gif

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

smiley36.gif
I knew someone was going to ask that question smurf and as it turns out, this wine was an accumulation of various wines I had made. At bottling and rackings I just kept adding the left overs to bigger bottles, then gallon jugs and finally ended up wit 3 gallon of what has turned out to be a truly awesome wine that my Son, Daughter and several others just raved over. Hence the design for the label. I did not know whaty to call it. For sure it was a one of a kind and will never ever be duplicated again. They are getting the last two bottles for Christnas.

Thanks all...I continually look for ways and ideas to let those so special to me know just how much they mean to me.

Thats very funny Waldo because for the first time, I have that going on
in my basement right now. All products extracted from making room to
sweeten back the wines I've made. So far I have a 1/2 gallon of a
Cranberry, Strawberry Orange Banana, Welches Melomel. Dont know what it
tastes like though, believe it or not, I havent sampled it as of yet.

jsmahoney said:
Really nice Waldo! That's a beautiful display of your fine wines. Anyone who receives such a treasured gift should consider themselves very lucky!

Merry Christmas!

Thanks js....So far, "Santa" has dispensed 86 bottles of his wine to family and friends

What a beautiful gift....
What is the wine with a
smiley25.gif
?????
My girlfriend lucked out at Happy Harry's Liquor Store one day, they were unpacking some Champagne in boxes much like that and they gave them to her...Some people have all the luck.
I don't count the bottles I give at Christmas...but tonight I will have 14 bottles in boxes to take along....some have gone away already...and 12 will be going to my bottle-people, so they surely do slip away....But we have all of next year to make more.
smiley4.gif

so this may be the wrong community to post to but I need help. I want to get my daughter (who is black) hand puppets for Christmas. Looking now due to expected shipping delays. more here I would like to get her somewhat fairytale-themed puppets, but am having trouble finding black characters. Any suggestions on where to look?

Last edited:
so this may be the wrong community to post to but I need help. I want to get my daughter (who is black) hand puppets for Christmas. Looking now due to expected shipping delays. I would like to get her somewhat fairytale-themed puppets, but am having trouble finding black characters. Any suggestions on where to look?

Aside from the somewhat obvious choices of Amazon, Target and Walmart; I'm wondering if Disney might have something. Good idea planning ahead.

That is a beautiful presentation, Waldo. Also, since Photobucket watermarks your pix (and I hate Photobucket for many reasons, lol), if you wish, you can simply click "Attach Files" below and directly upload your images. A few years back, PB decided not to free host images to websites anymore, so 15 years' worth of a car build thread I had been regularly posting to evaporated. If I had direct-loaded those photos instead, they'd still be there. Just saying. Did I mention I hate PB? 🤣

Latest posts

Back