Sparkling wine challenge

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BettyJ

Reaction score
Hi guys - haven't been on the forum in a bit as I have gotten caught up making liqueurs and spirits in addition to fruit wines.

In any case, I continue to research the easiest, cheapest, safest way to add a little sparkle to my wines and stumbled upon the fizzies tablets. If you didn't mind the specific flavors, is there any other reason that adding these fizzies tablets wouldn't work?

http://www.retrocandyonline.com/ficataoldtic.html

Thanks!
Betty

I hope you are in a country where make spirits is legal! The Fizzies sound pretty cool.

OK, I am a doofus and ordered carbonation tablets (I thought they would add carbonation - always learning, eh?) and a trial pack of fizzies. I used the lemon with my cocoplum wine (which tastes like cranberry). So I started my "tests" yesterday. Will do my sampling in one week.

Wade: Yes, I have the appropriate licensing to do what I am doing in Belize :)

Runningwolf: Do you know which area of Belize? We are on the Island of Ambergris Caye.

Just making sure s distillation is illegal here and a forbidden subject on this site. Carbonation tablets should actually work but for a Sparkling ine you will need to use many!!! In beer which is a much lesser carbed alc you use 1-3 tabs per 2 ounces. With making a sparkling wine you would probably need to use about 10 or maybe even more per 750ml bottle. Just guessing n that amount, you may need more or just 1-2 less.

Runningwolf: Do you know which area of Belize? We are on the Island of Ambergris Caye.

No I did not know but I just goggled it. WOW what a beautiful place. It looks like everyday would be a vacation.The birds and the reef are paradise! I am sure just like every other place there are downfalls to though. Are you effected by the hurricanes each year? The best part is age 45 is the retirement age I read.

Hi guys - haven't been on the forum in a bit as I have gotten caught up making liqueurs and spirits in addition to fruit wines.

In any case, I continue to research the easiest, cheapest, safest way to add a little sparkle to my wines and stumbled upon the fizzies tablets. If you didn't mind the specific flavors, is there any other reason that adding these fizzies tablets wouldn't work?

http://www.retrocandyonline.com/ficataoldtic.html

Thanks!
Betty
Betty, Hi, I have been experimenting with sparkling wine also. Many Make Champagne. I have not tried this yet but Have done some keging wine and dissolving co2 into it then bottling at a very low temp. with some fair results. it seems to be reliable , safe and not too expensive.:b

Back