RJ Spagnols Sparkling Orchard Breezen

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wvbrewer

Reaction score
I was wondering can you skip the stabilizing stage and turn this kit into a sparkling wine? I just started a Black Cherry Pinot Noir and my wife ask me that question. If anyone has done this or know about it I would appriciate it.

Thanks
Dave

The problem with turning a mist wine into a sparkling mist wine is keeping some sweetness in the wine. If you don't stabilize then all of the sugars from the base wine and the flavour pack will be fermented into alcohol leaving a dry wine. Then you add priming sugar and bottle. You now have a sparkling dry wine. perhaps not was desired.

You could try sweetening with a non-fermentable but I haven't tried that and have no idea how it would turn out.

Stee

one option is to ferment and finish as per instructions, and if you have a local u-brew that allows you to bring your carboy in, have them carbonate as you bottle. I did this with a POm Zin (I just had it fermented on premises) but I did find that some of the carbonation was lost as the bottles sat there. I bottled into screwtop plastic ones - I think they use them for beer - and not sure if I didn't seal them tight enough, or if the idea just does not work.

Might have better luck if you bottle into wine bottles and seal with a cork

the brew people at my old brew shop in Alaska would ferment these kits following the instructions, then keg them in small pony kegs. They turned out amazing. Please let me know how the cherry pinot turns out, I almost bought that one but I got he cranberry chianti instead which I will bottle this week!

Sorry it took so long to get back with you, but the Cherry Pinot turned out very well. It is not as sweet as I thought it would be. It taste very good and is a hit with all my family and friends. I would give it a try at least once and see what you think your self.

Dave

Latest posts

Back