Sparkling Key Lime..

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtydog420

Reaction score
I took a gallon of my Key Lime wine and made it sparkle.. Truely awesome.. Better than I thought it would be..

Recipe Please. Key Lime sounds awesome.

I just don't look forward to squeezing all those tiny "Key" limes

I have a 5-1/2 gallon batch of Pomegranate Pee that I'll be sweetening next week, and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. I have an empty 5 gallon keg, so I was thinking about kegging it. I am curious how Skeeter Pee tastes carbonated. I know some of the commercial hard lemonades have a fizz to them, so I'm thinking it would be pretty good.

Did you carbonate like champagne, or did you just add CO2?

Key Lime Recipe

10 16oz Bottles of Key Lime Juice (I got it at Shaw's. Its out there if you look)
4 8oz Realime Juice
4 Gallons of water
10lbs Sugar
Energizer
Nutrient
3/4tsp Tannin

I make this like you would regular Skeeter Pee sorta.. I make up half the batch and measure SG. I adjust next addition of sugar to make it about 11%.. I use Lalvin 1118 or 1116, 1116 seems to do best. Likes the acid a bit more. I make a good starter with OJ, sugar, and energizer. I add rest of ingredients except 5 bottles of Key Lime Juice, and 2 Bottles of Realime juice. Pitch yeast starter once its going well. After a few days I start adding rest of juice over 3-5 days depending on how fast it goes.. Rack after about 10 days or very close to dry.. I stir often, but stop a day before you rack into secondary. Makes about 5.5 to 6 gallons..

To make sparkling, I did the method Wade posted.. I just leave sediment in the bottles, pour carefully.. Get it really cold..

I know others have used kegs..

Do a search for key lime juice.. you will find it to at least have it shipped to you...

We can get Nelly and Joe's Key Lime Juice in my area, but I still prefer to juice my own mexican limes for key Lime Pie.

I will have to give this a try in the summer, Sounds Great.

Thanks

AD

Drink it young.. After about 4 months it starts mellow a bit too much for me. I like it tart.. I usually have it cleared and bottled within 5 to 6 weeks of starting..

Back