Quantcast

Spam?

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

jmc1590

Junior
Reaction score
Is it just me, or have a bunch of "spam-ish" posts appeared on the board overnight?

cpfan

Reaction score
Well they are not exhibiting all of the normal attributes of a spammer, for example, they are up to 16 posts. There is just enough wine making content to make people wonder.

Fortunately, I'm not one of the mods, so I don't have to decide. If I was, they wouldn't have reached 16 posts.

Steve

wyntheef

grunt
Reaction score
If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck...

I'd be happy to see those posts be squashed with attitude! :gb

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
unfortunately .. some people and bots do their thing when I am asleep!

Why can't they keep normal hours like the rest of us?

Spammer has now been removed.

Allie

Tom

Reaction score
Steve you are right BUT, you have no idea how many PM's we do betwen the Mods. Subject in question just had "enough" info and was boderline.
You all can sleep now guess why....

gonzo46307

Reaction score
I hope I don't get in trouble for this post

SPAM

Honestly...I'm legit.:d

Peace,
Bob

Tom

Reaction score
You "MUST" tell us about the person who received it said :br

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Yes, I was watching that person with my finger on the trigger, St Allie has a quicker trigger finger though and blasted him!!!!!!!!! You go girl. Like said above, they had just enough info to be weary on but wanted to give them a chance.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Cpfan, sometimes I wonder if there would be anyone on this forum if you were running it! I like to give people a chance when they are not blatant about spam. It seemed to me like he was trying to post a pic about 3 bottles. Maybe Im a little to easy or gullable but a day or 2 to give someone a chance and then delete it is no big problem and I did foresee this and made note of it on my side of the admin panel. Im not sitting at home where I can watch each post all day long and do have a real job as does most other people on this forum like our mods. I have offered you the chance to become a mod awhile back and you declined this so dont cry when its there!!!!!!

surlees

Reaction score
His posts were kinda all over the place. No real question or comment, but a bit on the schizo side. I came close to pm-ing, but figured you guys were on top of it-----and I was right, you were.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Sur, thats why Allie makes the big bucks!!! Now we just have to find a way to pay her!
(ps I still love you G, you can have my paycheck!) Thanks for your anti spamming efforts, it doesn't go unrecognized.

Troy

Tom

Reaction score
Yep we all were on top of it. It's a tough call but thats why we are here. If you see anything questionable use the "REPORT" (its that little red triangle on the lower left of each post) on the message. We mods gets a heads up fast without looking at every message.
Thanks for help.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
WMT Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Troy, while you're eating spam I got a challenge for you I bet you can't win!

Tom

Reaction score
Oh my !! What could that be? :a :pic

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
My workers are goo at what they do and its my fault actually that the posts dont get deleted faster as I asked them awhile back not to jump the gun and give them a chance unless its very obvious which most are and you guts dont see 90% of those cause we cut them off before they even get p on the board or barely make it on. Compared to when we tarted here the spam is minimal due to a lot of hard work, mainly by St Allie and Smurfe and then followed by Tom and me!

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
WMT Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Is there anyone on here that thinks Troy could make it till past Christmas before posting his 2000th post! I was going to say till New Years but that would have been dreaming like one of the steelers this year!

Tom

Reaction score
I'm sure he can hit 2,000 BEFORE midnight eastern time zone. Thats 1 hr 20 min from NOW

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Im trying hard fellas/ladies, when I hit my 2000th Tom is going to fly me round trip all expenses paid to his home to view and sample his wine cellar. he may not know it yet but if you read the fine print when you joined it comes with the membership. Than again I can't read so maybe i shouldn't have packed the backpack yet!!!!

LOL

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
PS, Dan you seem to be able to type 2000th pretty well, go ahead and try to say it 3 times fast. It'll give you something to do while we watch the Packers again find themselves in the playoffs. ROTFLMAO now!!!!!!