SP wont start

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put in a tube or small bottle and shake it, if it fizzes not degassed. Or try tasting it, if it is like Pepsi cola, not degassed.

Well it is 99% cleared going to let it sit till this weekend. Will it be ok to backsweeten then?

Well it is 99% cleared going to let it sit till this weekend. Will it be ok to backsweeten then?
That's good news. When it's clear you can rack it and backsweeten. After a week you can bottle it.

Make sure you stabilize it before sweetening. If you don't you stand a very good chance of it refermenting. K-meta and pot. sorbate to stabilize. If it referments in the bottle you are in for a treat. Lots of cleanup corks blowing and possibly bottles exloding. Arne.

Oh yea I have already put Kmeta and sorbate in it. I been told from family that used to make wine and read here what will happen if I don’t.

Man that looks good there, just back sweetened the sp and tasted it man it taste good. But it made it cloudy again. I made a simple syrup on the stove let it cool then added it. Will it clear again?

Leave it alone for a week to make shir fermentation didn't start again. Hopefully it will clear in that time.

Man that looks good there, just back sweetened the sp and tasted it man it taste good. But it made it cloudy again. I made a simple syrup on the stove let it cool then added it. Will it clear again?
Did you rack it in into a clean and sanitized carboy and then backsweeten?

No I just back sweetened it in the carboy it was in. Did mess up by not doing that?

No I just back sweetened it in the carboy it was in. Did mess up by not doing that?
You really should rack before you backsweeten. I imagine it will clear, but I've never done it this way before. Patience cures almost everything in winemaking. Let me know how it progresses.

You think a little of sparkloid would it help along? It is holding a Mt.Dew like haze.

You think a little of sparkloid would it help along? It is holding a Mt.Dew like haze.
It might. You've already added it once, right? If it's colder outside than inside where you live, it might benefit from the cooler temperature.

I looked at it earlier it is starting to clear again. So I’m going to hold off on adding anymore since it is doing itself.

Back