South of the Border

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smurfe

Reaction score
I spent most of the afternoon cooking today. I love Mexican food and I don't mean the Tex Mex stuff you get here in the US but real, authentic Mexican food. My actual favorite Hispanic restaurant is actually a family from Honduras. The have a stewed pork dish that is to die for. I took a dive at it today and made a really fantastic Mexican dinner if I say so myself. Everything came out absolutely perfect.

The menu today is:

Guisado de Puerco con Tomatillos (Stewed Pork)
Arroz Amarillo (Mexican Rice)
Re-fried Beans with Havarti cheese
A Spicy Jicima/Apple/Cantaloupe/Orange salad

IMG_1685.jpg

That looks really nice Steve..

Do you make tortillas too?

I've got meatloaf in the oven for dinner tonight.

Allie

Those plates look like something you see on IRON CHEF
Looking good there. Can you pipe in the smell thru the computer? LOL

Allie, I do make tortillas but that is something that I am not very good at yet. It looks so easy but in reality, it is pretty tough. It is really hard to get them thin enough to remain flexible. I always think I have them thin enough and when I cook them they are still too thick and they split when I fold them.

Have never tried to make tortillas myself.. but did a decent job of some naan bread once..My family is partial to indian and thai style for special occasions.

hubby is on a mission to get a 6 pack for his 45th birthday in september, so everything is chicken/fish/steak and salads at the moment.(the kids ate the meatloaf though)

Allie

My wife has a Spanish friend who has taught her the way to raelly make Spanish rice and it requires a special pan which is cheap but it really makes a huge difference and she has it down now. Yumm! Steve that looks really good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What time is dinner? Beer and Mexican food! It doesn't get any better than that. Oh did some one mention beer? I can almost smell it Tom.....almost.

Madriver,
Today I plan on Kegging my 10 gallons of Chocolate Oatmeal Stout.

My wife has a Spanish friend who has taught her the way to raelly make Spanish rice and it requires a special pan which is cheap but it really makes a huge difference and she has it down now. Yumm! Steve that looks really good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wade, was it a Paella Pan? I picked one up the pther day to make Paella. It is basically a special rice cooking pan. I love Paella.

Did it look like one of these?

http://www.paellapans.com/pans.html

Oops, its Peurto Rican Rice and beans and the pot is caed a Caldero.

Madriver,
Today I plan on Kegging my 10 gallons of Chocolate Oatmeal Stout.
Tom,
Not sure if I would like that but you know the only way to truely tell dont you?? Yeh I will be over to try some lol:)

Latest posts

Back