sources for fruit juices and concentrates?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ty520

Reaction score
Can any of you recommend good quality, but affordable sources for fruit juices and/or concentrates?

A lot of folks like Vintner's Harvest concentrates.

I've used Vintner's Best and was happy with the result, but it's not pure concentrate -- they add apple and/or pear juice.

Is vintners harvest pretty pure?

I did take a look at vintners best, but as soon as I saw corn syrup near the top of the ingredient Lundy, I nixed them from consideration

It is pure according to the ingredients list but the concentration and quality from one variety to another varies. I've successfully made very good wine with their Plum, Black Currant and Blackberry. Not so happy with Red Raspberry, weak flavor.

Asepticfruitpurees.com has a good selection of pure fruit puree stabilized with citric acid. For fruit concentrates I've used Colma Foods at colmafrozen.com which have nothing added at all so it has to be refrigerated or frozen (though it's slushy in the freezer due to high brix).
Both of these sources are less expensive than the Vintner's whatever that is above and have good customer service. I've had good experiences using the blueberry, peach and pear concentrates. I'm using mango puree from Aseptic Fruit Purees. com right now in a Mango Jalapeno, Mango Peach and Mango Strawberry I bought 44lbs so I gotta use it up!

Asepticfruitpurees.com has a good selection of pure fruit puree stabilized with citric acid. For fruit concentrates I've used Colma Foods at colmafrozen.com which have nothing added at all so it has to be refrigerated or frozen (though it's slushy in the freezer due to high brix).
Both of these sources are less expensive than the Vintner's whatever that is above and have good customer service. I've had good experiences using the blueberry, peach and pear concentrates. I'm using mango puree from Aseptic Fruit Purees. com right now in a Mango Jalapeno, Mango Peach and Mango Strawberry I bought 44lbs so I gotta use it up!

Keep in mind that with any prepared concentrate you may find the finer flavor details missing compared to making that same wine with fresh fruit, BUT; like this year, the peach orchard I have bought my fresh peaches from is having to have peaches shipped in. We had a late freeze this year and I also lost 80 percent of my blueberries. So bad that I didn't even bother to cover the berries up to keep out birds and squirrels. They are merrilty striping the fruit as soon as it turns blue.
All that to say, sometimes you just have to make due with what you can find. As long as you KNOW what you are paying for that's fine. If they don't post the contents on a web site - stay away.

Walker’s Juice is liked by several on this forum. I’m about to bottle a blueberry wine that I made from one of their blueberry juice hot packs. They are more expensive than the canned purée but now I’ve done both, and the wine from the Walker’s juice taste so much more like real blueberry. We’ll us their juice again.

Can any of you recommend good quality, but affordable sources for fruit juices and/or concentrates?
I recently used Primor Strawberry Puree purchased on Amazon for ~$26 for 64 oz. Terrific taste and NO sweeteners added..............................DizzyIzzy

Besides Primor, I also really like Oregon Fruit Puree. Comes in a 3 lb. 1 0z. can and contains only the actual fruit, ascorbic and citric acids. Hope you find this helpful......................................DizzyIzzy

Both of these sources are less expensive than the Vintner's whatever that is above and have good customer service. I've had good experiences using the blueberry, peach and pear concentrates. I'm using mango puree from Aseptic Fruit Purees. com right now in a Mango Jalapeno, Mango Peach and Mango Strawberry I bought 44lbs so I gotta use it up!well

How did you Aseptic Fruit Puree turn out? I discovered Aseptic puree by accident and ordered a 44lb bag of Mango and a 44lb bag of Plum. They are under the primary fermentation now so we will see. The only drawback with the order was the shipping cost. I'm sure I'll order more.

Latest posts

Back