Source for juice ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

litetrek

Junior
Reaction score
Years ago I had a link to a supplier in the upper midwest (I think) and I've lost it. They sold almost any kind of berry juice and would sell it in gallons, half gallons, quarts and pints. Gallons of juice were sold as a set-up with the few other things you need to make wine from the juice.

They seemed to be a pretty small operation and they had a very old school website - basically just a series of lists. Maybe they retired or sold the business or maybe they've updated the website and I just don't recognize it.

Anyhow, I never bought from them because I've always used kits. However, I did call them once and was impressed with their excellent customer service. I'd like to try making a batch of wine from juice so yesterday I tried to look them up and failed.

If anyone recognozes them from my description please give me the link. Suggestions for an alternate source are also appreciated.

This place has all kinds of fruit and juice, but it's concentrates for the most part. I used to get a blackberry concentrate and add fresh fruit to make a decent wine. I think they are out of Michigan.

https://www.homewinery.com/concentrates
Just watch it, I no longer use them as my credit card info was stolen about a week after I placed an order there, someone kept trying to take money out at their local Walmart.

This place has all kinds of fruit and juice, but it's concentrates for the most part. I used to get a blackberry concentrate and add fresh fruit to make a decent wine. I think they are out of Michigan.

https://www.homewinery.com/concentrates
Just watch it, I no longer use them as my credit card info was stolen about a week after I placed an order there, someone kept trying to take money out at their local Walmart.
Wow. Thanks. I think that's it but the credit card issue might keep me from buying there. Do you have any other suggested places? I'm originally from near Erie and I'm not too fond of the wines from up around there. I know there are a few around Erie that sell juice.

Wow. Thanks. I think that's it but the credit card issue might keep me from buying there. Do you have any other suggested places? I'm originally from near Erie and I'm not too fond of the wines from up around there. I know there are a few around Erie that sell juice.
That credit card thing was many moons ago. They couldn't keep in business if that kept happening.

In your area, perhaps Double A Vineyards? They have a good selection of berry juices, but in 5-gallon containers. Just click on the juice selection and quantity and the varieties will pop-up. Wine Juice for Sale | Juice for Wine Making - Double A Vineyards.
Guess I never realized they had juice. Always looked at the website thinking I was gonna plant 20 or so vines in my backyard. Most of the local vineyards around here ordered their vines from them.

Gave up that idea in 2015 once the lantern flies started spreading. Spent some time scaping egg masses into a container from my maple tree in the front yard yesterday. Guessing they will get really bad this year 'round here.

I've never ordered or visited them, but I know several people who have ordered vines or juice. They all seem to like them, and they are helpful. I'd like to have some vines in my backyard but 100 ft wide by 100 ft long back yard surrounded by my neighbors 80' white oak and some cherry trees on one side and 80' pines on the other side prevent sunlight and any hopes of growing grapes here.

My other thought was Walker's, which was mentioned above.

Bummer about those flies. I've never researched them or if there is a way to minimize any damage.

I ordered my Brianna vines from Double A for delivery to WY here in another month or so. Happy with service thus far. I may look at their juices for winemaking as well.

I picked up elderberry plants from Double A a few years ago. They are now in the prime of production for grape/elderberry blend.

Latest posts

Back