Source for getting juice shipped to me

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norton

Reaction score
Other than wine kits, I have never had juice shipped to me. With the harvest from Chile do in soon I was wondering if anyone could recommend a source where I could order product and how that works in general. I’m looking in particular for petit Verdot.

Your choices are limited if they need to ship it to you. If you want fresh juice you need to find a supplier near you (within driving distance). There are options with frozen must, but they are rather expensive. (Example: https://morewinemaking.com/products...idge-vineyards-sonoma-valley-ava-ca-2012.html)

You might want to let us know where you live, then maybe someone in your area that has been sourcing it locally and can give you the information.

Also interested and live near Austin and San Antonio, Texas

You’ve got a pretty good option for Fall grapes. Fine Vine Wines (in Dallas) brings in grapes from Cali usually around the beginning of October. I drove 8 hrs each way last year, and am super pleased with the quality. Just order what you want ahead of time, pick em up when they come in. You can crush and distem at FVW with their machine for a few bucks per lug.

Other options are Brehm and Musto / M&M. Brehm usually has a variety of frozen musts year round, at both places, you can order grapes, they crush/destem, freeze, and ship. Musto normally has spring grapes, not sure about Brehm. Picking them up fresh is the least costly way to go.

Other than wine kits, I have never had juice shipped to me. With the harvest from Chile do in soon I was wondering if anyone could recommend a source where I could order product and how that works in general. I’m looking in particular for petit Verdot.

Fresh juice isn’t shipped to residential since it needs to be maintained at specific temps to not freeze yet keep from fermenting . Most homebrew shops buy in bulk from suppliers and re-distribute themselves by the order. Some shops have their own refrigerated space and sell buckets throughout the season. Others rent refrigerated space or do 1 day pickups.
Juice pails are fun to make. Definitely check out all your local shops within driving distance as most are currently taking orders now for spring juice and grapes.
As others said- anything shipped to your house will be frozen must (expensive) or kits.

I have ordered frozen must and juice buckets from Brehm in the past and this spring from Musto. It is a bit pricey and I wish there was somewhere close enough for driving. If I can find somewhere I'll drive in the coming seasons even if it means a fun road trip but for me the quality of fresh grapes (fresh, frozen, or fresh pressed) is very worthwhile and still less expensive than buying commercial plus it's just fun.

Cheers!
-johann

Your choices are limited if they need to ship it to you. If you want fresh juice you need to find a supplier near you (within driving distance). There are options with frozen must, but they are rather expensive. (Example: https://morewinemaking.com/products...idge-vineyards-sonoma-valley-ava-ca-2012.html)

You might want to let us know where you live, then maybe someone in your area that has been sourcing it locally and can give you the information.

I live in Columbia Mo. No options locally that I am aware of. St. Louis and Kansas City are about 100 miles away.

I live in Columbia Mo. No options locally that I am aware of. St. Louis and Kansas City are about 100 miles away.

Looks like you're about 6 hours from Chicago, Brehm has a freezer facility there, you'd save about $50 / pail on packaging and shipping, might be worth the drive if you're feeling up to it, and get several pails in the process. They'll easily make a 6 hour drive without thawing, it usually takes a couple days at room temps.

You can have juice shipped to you year-round from Walkers. They hot-pack the juice and ship it via UPS. The hot-packing is designed to knock back wild yeasts so it can warm up while shipping without trouble. By the time it arrives, it's warmed up enough to get started.

You can have juice shipped to you year-round from Walkers. They hot-pack the juice and ship it via UPS. The hot-packing is designed to knock back wild yeasts so it can warm up while shipping without trouble. By the time it arrives, it's warmed up enough to get started.
Nice - I haven't ordered from Walkers yet. They have some good varietals local to New York. Interesting that their price for cab/merlot is $90+ for 5 gallons of fresh juice, while their concord/niagara/frontenac are $38/5 gallons. The rose blend is tempting at $40. https://walkerswinejuice.com/retail/services/retail-hot-pack-prices/

You don't have to go to New York for Walkers, there is an LHBS back home that gets it. Its where I got my Noriet juice bucket last year. The place is Catino Vino in Mt Carmel,Pa. Its best to get there on a Saturday around noon they always have a spread out with local winemakers. What a crew they are! If anyone in the Philly area wants any let me know we head up there alot-sometimes to just hang out. I'm waiting for his NY juice to arrive. They don't really have a webpage but they do have a big presence on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/Catinos-408985722557440/

Latest posts

Back