sorry, profession wine info please

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pam

Reaction score
I am trying to find out info on a commercial wine. I have been asked to buy a German type wine as a gift. The type of wine is Gewurstaminer or maybe Gerverstaminer. Does anyone know anything about this type of wine and what a good brand would be. Thanks'

The name is Gewurtztraminer but I cant help you on a commercial name brand as i havent bought any commercial wines in over 3 years. If you need to buy a kit I can surely help you there. It is a White wine that is typically sweet and has a piciness to it that makes it good to go with Chicken or Cajun foods like Crawfish Gumbo.

Pam:

You would be best to visit your local wine store and ask about popular Gewurztraminers. Availability differs widely by locale.

If you are in BC, I could recommend a couple.

Steve

I am trying to find out info on a commercial wine. I have been asked to buy a German type wine as a gift. The type of wine is Gewurstaminer or maybe Gerverstaminer. Does anyone know anything about this type of wine and what a good brand would be. Thanks'

I prefer a Washington state Gewurztraminer. Slightly dryer than the CA vintage. Grapefruit and citrus flavors and medium-dry. Chateau Ste Michelle.

Awesome choice

Gewurtz is one of my favorite commercial wines. Some people say I am biased because I live down the road from Ste. Michelle Winery, but they make the absolute best Gewurtztraminer. I always keep a few bottles in my cellar.

I know this is several months later. Hope you came up with something good. Just wanted to put my two cents in.

Yes Washington state makes some of the best in my opinion. Columbia Crest version is very very good too. The German ones tend to be a bit more thick and sweet. You can go to any wine store and any where that sells wine and find many selections. Higher Price does not alway mean better taste. Plus it tend to be one of those wines that can be very different with each wine makers. So if you try a bottle and don't like it try another winery. Have Fun get a few and have a taste test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back