Soo... when does this hobby pay for itself?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdammer

Reaction score
Haha. Another $200 today on an italian floor corker and a new filter.

This week is going to be 10 cases of bottles. Man oh man.

Sorry man, we lied about the paying for itself part just to get you interested. Hooked now pal!!!! Glad to have you in the group!! Ha Ha Ha

It you are going to keep buying bottles then it will take a long time before it starts paying for itself.

It you are going to keep buying bottles then it will take a long time before it starts paying for itself.

I kind of outpaced my bottle supply. I figure it will be nice to have all of the same style bottles. My post was more of a joke I just didn't anticipate myself getting so involved in the hobby.

Sounds like the Italian is the way to go. If I don't ever have to buy another one then I might as well spend the extra 40 and get the cash.

No problem paying the money if it's something I'll use forever.

If you know what you want and order everything you can at once from George you'll save a ton of money in shipping. His prices are very good overall and he stands behind everything he sells, If you call your order into him he'll be glad to talk to you about what you're buying also.

This hobby pays for itself?? Cool. How long we gotta wait cause I'm not getting any younger. :D

Good Question becuse we definetly drink more then we normally would of. On the other hand the hobby really does not cost that much untill you go for the toys of convienence. Even then it's still not that bad. You could buy one really good old Lional train set and pay what all of your equipment costs for making wine. You can't drink a train. Dollar for dollar would you like to have a hot date over and show her your train or pull out the wine and......:a1

Who is George and what is his website?

George is the owner of Fine vine Wines. http://www.finevinewines.com/ He is a very honest man and supports the hobby. If you ask him a question about buying a piece of equipment and he dosen't think you need it, he'll tell you so instead of making the sale. Of all the places on the internet to buy anything, this is one I and most people on this forum will stand behind. And if you do call him, tell him I told you to call. :try

Welcome to the hobby? (err OBSESSION)
I second George. Great guy great company.

If this hobby pays for itself.... I'm still waiting for my check!! :tz

Before I started wine making WE did NOT drink wine. NOW I go thru 1,000+ bottles a year. :d
How is THAT paying for itself?

Last edited:
Well I just ordered through Midwest Supplies. Their prices and shipping were very good. Fine wine didn't have the filter I want.

I'll keep him in mind next time though.

Heck, pay for itself.
I'm already money ahead!!
First of all, I'm drinking what I make,
Second, with work being so slow if I wasn't home trying to make wine or out picking blackberries,,,
I would probably be chasing some good looking country girl named Lucille!
And do you know what a divorce would cost me??

Once you find a supply of free fruit or wine grapes, free bottles help too.
George's store is very trustworthy. I got my first starter kit from Midwest with no issues.

Latest posts

Back