Son of a peach!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HammerOne

Tatterdemalion
Reaction score
In my intro I said that I was making a peach wine. My first fruit wine since I only have 20lbs peaches after destoning and as per Tom's rule of thumb I'll make a 4gal batch. Here's the recipe.
20lbs fresh Georgia peaches
5 Bannanas simmered for 20min then strained and juice added
10lbs sugar
5 campdon tablets
1/2 tsp pectic enzyme
2 1/2 tsp acid blend
1/4 tsp tannin
5tsp yeast nutrient
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/4tsp nutmeg
f-pac made from 4lbs peaches
Cote des Blancs yeast

Your Avatar, we love the 3 stooges. I have several hours of them on my DVR. Especially love the song for the alphabet. Bee ay bay, bee e bee. Bee I bicky by, bee I bo :)

I too just started a Peach today. Whats the starting gravity? Seams like high sugar thou.

Yea thinking the same ... The cinnamon may be interesting Think of a cinnamon Cello.

I havn't taken an OG yet or added sugar I've just got the campdon tabs working untill tomorrow.

I still have Peach bulk aging, its almost 9 months now and still isnt treally clear, almsot but not. Ill sweeten & F-pac it soon and then most likely hit it with SuperKleer.

Why did you wait so long to add a f-pac. I add it soon after3rd racking.

I pitched yeast today. It was so thick that I couldn't get a hydrometer reading. So whatever its going to be is what it's going to be. I hope I did'nt screw it up.

Latest posts

Back