Something new

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dralarms

Overboard as usual
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying a twist on my banana wine, this batch I started with 58 lbs frozen bananas frozen, this round I'm adding 10 containers of old Orchard berry blend with water to proper mix level (30 cans water), added plenty of pectic enzyme,.

When it thaws put I'll be able to pitch yeast. By Tuesday afternoon I should be good to go with the yeast.

I did place a bowl of kmeta in the bucket to cut down on browning of the fruit.

We shall see what happens this time around.

I'm curious to know how this will taste, please keep us posted

Yeah, I hope to be following this thread.

I've put my first banana batch into refrigerator bulk aging about a week ago to help with getting rid of the haze. The refrig bulk aging seems to be helping with the clearing. You can't see it in the picture because as soon as I open the door to take a pic I get condensation forming on the carboy.

I'm thinking that this banana wine's success or failure will mostly depend on my back sweetening.

IMAG0749[1].jpg

Last edited:
If anything, what have you done back sweetening wise for your banana wine?

Thanx...

That last 2 batches I've made ended up very strong and I back sweetened to 1.014 which is a little sweeter that I normally would but it helped to mellow out the bite.

Well I racked it off today, out of 58 lbs of bananas and 3.5 gallons of berry blend I got almost 9 gallons of wine that still needs to be cleared.

Back