Some vineyard pictures

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Accent? What accent, you are the one from New Hampsha, not me Al. LOL

Did you guys watch all five videos? I am on a tight budget- my videographer left laughing when I told him how much I had for a budget- so you guys get the economy show...........

I watched all 5 - thought they were all good.

Very impressive! You're setting the platinum standard for viticulture.

Cheers!

Bob

Sorry to hear about the rot there Rich. This freaking rainy season is just ridiculous!! Let me know if that pump gets warm as thats a lot of wine to transfer.

It is a lot of wine to move Wade. A few days ago I moved 15 carboys full of wine out of primary Brutes. The pump got warm, but never got hot.

I saw on the news last night that they are rushing like crazy to pick the grapes in sonama because of all the rain

Well this isn't vineyard pictures but....
I just got a bit of good news for those of you who follow my exploits. I just got notice that my application for a Northeast SARE Grant (Sustainable Agricultural Research and Education) has been approved for the upcoming year. This means I will have means to continue the training system research trial at my vineyard. It will help pay me for time spent along with an assistant to help with data collection and sample collection in the trial. This information can prove to be quite valuable to any growers of cold climate grapes and lead to higher production of higher quality fruit along with using less chemicals in the environment. I am really excited to be able to continue with this work.

Late winter arrival.

After spending the last few days doing a bit of pruning in the vineyard, I woke up to a couple
inches of a really stick snow this AM. Tomorrow we are supposed to get about 6 inches. Nothing like late winter in the Champlain Valley!
101_6867_Small.JPG

101_6865_Small.JPG

101_6871_Small.JPG

101_6875_Small.JPG

Absolutely beautiful Rich. We also got the wet snow here and looking across the vineyards to Lake Erie was totally awesome. We only got an inch or two but it stuck to everything. great pictures, thanks for sharing!

I have only just begun pruning and it won't hurt a bit. We have had a drought here this winter and have racked up less than a quarter inch of rainfall equivalent this month.

Hey Rich, I asked you politely on FVW's to keep your snow up there but you must not have seen it as I woke up with 4" of snow here! :m

Latest posts

Back