SOME PEOPLE

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
today was my wound care doctors visit, after we left, my brother and i go to a outside BBQ place, about half way thru eating, i see the owner sitting about 30 feet away, i ask him if he was in the dog house, he said no, but was staying away from others because his wife had covid, Delbert and i both froze, his wife made the sandwiches and worked the cash register, how stupid can you get, she'd tested positive a couple days earlier. and neither were wearing masks even though masks don't really help, but just the same,
Dawg

yeah got me worried, but it is what it is, it is just now getting here real heavy, i mean i can look at woods all around my house, the town i went to is maybe 3000 people, 12 miles away, at wound care i over heard them talking, and i guess it is sweeping our area, the BBQ joint, they wash, but don't use gloves, and since she made our BBQ pulled pork sandwiches , well that's nuts,,,
Dawg

today was my wound care doctors visit, after we left, my brother and i go to a outside BBQ place, about half way thru eating, i see the owner sitting about 30 feet away, i ask him if he was in the dog house, he said no, but was staying away from others because his wife had covid, Delbert and i both froze, his wife made the sandwiches and worked the cash register, how stupid can you get, she'd tested positive a couple days earlier. and neither were wearing masks even though masks don't really help, but just the same,
Dawg
Dawg, Dawg, Dawg............................masks DO help! Now we all have to worry if YOU are going to get Covid due to HER irresponsibility! Sorry!.............DizzyIzzy

Hounddawg, it is what it is. But don't fret; you and your brother may be fine. The wife of someone I work with had Covid. She was sick for about a week. He never got it and he did test for it. You're an "off-the-land" kind of person it seems. Do those things you would do to fight off a flu. Tea, berries, vitamins ... some of those things work for some people. And do wear a mask since you don't want to share it with others if you did catch it.

You didn't happen to go to Strawberry's for BBQ?

Sorry to hear that. I know food establishments have been hit hard financially. Probably people getting desperate.. Still no excuse.

Go get tested today.

I'm going to disagree, but just a little bit. Wait at least 5 days, then go get tested. If you went today, you would almost certainly show up negative, it takes some time to build up enough virus load for the test to register it and false negatives are very common, if you test to early.

Hounddawg, it is what it is. But don't fret; you and your brother may be fine. The wife of someone I work with had Covid. She was sick for about a week. He never got it and he did test for it. You're an "off-the-land" kind of person it seems. Do those things you would do to fight off a flu. Tea, berries, vitamins ... some of those things work for some people. And do wear a mask since you don't want to share it with others if you did catch it.

You didn't happen to go to Strawberry's for BBQ?
no Pocahontas BBQ, shame is it's best for many a mile around, and yes i know 3 couples that 1 got it and the other did not, and come wound care day when they ask ,, lol,, I'm sure I'll be whisk away to be checked, and i am not one to get very worked up.
Dawg

Masks do help. A lot depends on how close you were to her for how long. Less than 6 feet for more than 15 minutes is what I've heard most. I don't think food transmission is a problem, though it gives you pause.
You do need to wait at least 5 to 7 days before being tested and if you are back at wound care in the meantime, they will give you plenty of advice.
I'm assuming you were wearing your mask?
It is surging everywhere but especially in the rural South. In the health district where our vineyard and homeplace is located, the positive rate is 25%.

Masks do help. A lot depends on how close you were to her for how long. Less than 6 feet for more than 15 minutes is what I've heard most. I don't think food transmission is a problenom, though it gives you pause.
You do need to wait at least 5 to 7 days before being tested and if you are back at wound care in the meantime, they will give you plenty of advice.
I'm assuming you were wearing your mask?
It is surging everywhere but especially in the rural South. In the health district where our vineyard and homeplace is located, the positive rate is 25%.
yes i know the semantics of droplet size to weave of material, but as i said she washed her hands butt handled the food, plus the office size is 8x12, with picnic tables under a open sided roofed shed so when she opens the pay window where both she and the food are closed in together, this is a BBQ JOINT, no chips , no fountain drinks, BBQ and canned soda only
Dawg

Wow... I'm not sure what to say about that... If you're scared of the virus, it could be traumatizing. but either way it was irresponsible.
BTW, I went through your neck of the woods last month on our way to SC to watch my daughter graduate basic training.
nothing to say, other than some people ain't so bright, i don't worry much, but my immune system is strained to the bone, hehe my medical history is a mile long in the last few years,
thank you, my brother was in first wave into Bagdad, tell your daughter thank you and stay safe,,,
Dawg.

I gotta say that behavior is not so much about how "bright" folk are. Either you work to ensure others are not harmed or you don' t and if you don't the only people you tend to care about is yourself and perhaps someone close to you but everyone else is on their own. And sure - many, many people are REALLY hurting because of this pandemic but if every one of us - whether hurting or not, would demand - DEMAND of those in state offices and in Washington that they get off their fat arses and did what they need to do to help alleviate the financial burdens that many people are bent under - and they could, VERY easily - then those BBQ people would not need to behave in ways that put your health and life at risk.

The wine supply shop is one of the only public places I head to these days and that's in and out asap.. #covidsucks

I gotta say that behavior is not so much about how "bright" folk are. Either you work to ensure others are not harmed or you don' t and if you don't the only people you tend to care about is yourself and perhaps someone close to you but everyone else is on their own. And sure - many, many people are REALLY hurting because of this pandemic but if every one of us - whether hurting or not, would demand - DEMAND of those in state offices and in Washington that they get off their fat arses and did what they need to do to help alleviate the financial burdens that many people are bent under - and they could, VERY easily - then those BBQ people would not need to behave in ways that put your health and life at risk.
in my neck of the woods, bright can be a insult,, as in their family tree looks like a telephone pole a southerner slang actually it is albright ,,as well the world is mainly about greed and one's self,, like they say,, come time the clever will be kicked out, as for the rest well to answer it would be politics , and i ain't looking to get banned, as for the BBQ people, till now our area had not been hit like most of the country, his work is else where, he cooks at home on his off set stick smoker , his work gives him lots of leisure time, and his wife has something to do, during the week, i was trying not to sound harsh, i just found it hard to believe they are that way, here most everyone knows everyone, where you're from is vastly different, i spent 15 years going state to state, city to city, my closest town no traffic lights, nearest mall close to 50 miles, till 3 years ago we had to drive 40 mile one way for legal alcohol. closest wally world 12 to 14 miles away, and as stated in original post, it is what it is, would not you be surprised someone you thought you knew was a self-centered Louise,, funny how much this nation has fell back from 2000 thru 2015, well till January 20 2016 ,,, God Bless
Dawg

Dawg
Jesus - what a bunch of ####s... all health to you

Last edited by a moderator:
Dawg, people died unnecessarily when this pandemic started. Drs didn’t know how to manage this disease. It was a new deal. Patients were sent home until they were critical and by that time most were beyond recovery.
The learning curve has gone up. They now know early intervention is the key for most people to recover.
If you seriously think you were exposed now might be a good time to have a talk with your Drs.
Get tested as soon as they think you should and be preemptive on care. Don’t sit there if you develop symptoms. Early care is just smart and can save your life.
MAKE SURE YOUR DICTOR KNOWS YOU WANT EARLY INTERVENTION. Ask how he or she is doctoring patients with COVID-19.
Good luck 🙏 buddy
Ken

Masks:
If we are without clothes and I spit water on you, “you get wet!”
If You are clothed “wearing a mask” and I spit water on you, “you are partially protected.” You get partially wet.
If I wear a mask and spit on you, “YOU STAY DRY” and I look stupid by spitting on my own face.
Masks help
Stay safe and help others do the same.

Masks:
If we are without clothes and I spit water on you, “you get wet!”
If You are clothed “wearing a mask” and I spit water on you, “you are partially protected.” You get partially wet.
If I wear a mask and spit on you, “YOU STAY DRY” and I look stupid by spitting on my own face.
Masks help
Stay safe and help others do the same.
yeah, the crooked CDC has went back and forth on mask so many times, that i believe they cant find their own asses using both hands
Dawg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back