Soda stream.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbraz23

Junior
Reaction score
Has anyone used a soda stream type machine for making sparkling wine? I'm debating between that and a full 5 gallon kegging system. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I'll take vodka, grapefruit juice, and add a bit of sparkling water - it tastes good.

Soda stream is good for what it is but the water goes flat rather quickly. I guess you could juice up some wine for immediate consumption, but if you are talking long term I just don't see it as viable.

So what are you expecting the kegging system to do for you? For full disclosure I keg my table wines.

Well, I'll take vodka, grapefruit juice, and add a bit of sparkling water - it tastes good.

Soda stream is good for what it is but the water goes flat rather quickly. I guess you could juice up some wine for immediate consumption, but if you are talking long term I just don't see it as viable.

So what are you expecting the kegging system to do for you? For full disclosure I keg my table wines.
Corny kegs are pretty cheap to set up.

I've used a soda stream to do smaller batches. Skeeter Pee, Dragons Blood, and hard lemonade. I did it for my neighbor and she bought one just for wine. It can be done, but it's not recommended. Backsweetened wine will foam, possibly bubble over, and you could have sanitation issues, but all in all, it works.

The search button is your friend. Short answer is yes.

Has anyone used a soda stream type machine for making sparkling wine? I'm debating between that and a full 5 gallon kegging system. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Back