SO2 Before Bottling Question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is that I never add Kmeta and have yet in 12 years had any wine go bad? Does the alcohol and ph protect it?
Did they use Kmeta in the old days?

I’m old, and in my day we only used Kmeta right after crushing.

The Kmeta is to kill all the bad things before your juice becomes wine.

Your wine is alive and I don’t believe in killing it needlessly. Besides, a lot of people are sensitive to sulfites.

If you don’t kill your wine today you get to enjoy what it tastes like next year and in the years ahead.

I’m old, and in my day we only used Kmeta right after crushing.

The Kmeta is to kill all the bad things before your juice becomes wine.

Your wine is alive and I don’t believe in killing it needlessly. Besides, a lot of people are sensitive to sulfites.

If you don’t kill your wine today you get to enjoy what it tastes like next year and in the years ahead.
Totally agree the less chemicals added the better

It seems to me that it is a risk that I, personally, would not take. Oxidation is a real threat, and while you can be extremely careful to mitigate the issue, if the wine is not protected then when you open that first bottle in a couple years you're in for a disappointment.
I bought testing equipment to ascertain that my wine is not only protected, but so that it is not overly-sulfited.

Latest posts

Back