So what's on your equipment wishlist for 2010

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a cartridge is about $10 or so but can probably do a dozen carboys in a row before changing.

That's some serious filtering, but it make sense. You got me wantin one too. My Ebay vacuum pump just came (Christmas present from me to me) and now I have more reasons to justify buying it, hehe!

1 question; can you filter then return it to bulk aging in the carboys or would it be best to bottle right after filtering?

Hmmmmm?

A couple more 6 gallon carboys I guess. I will be rebuilding/reorganizing my wine making lab in a week or so. I could use some lumber for that.

That's some serious filtering, but it make sense. You got me wantin one too. My Ebay vacuum pump just came (Christmas present from me to me) and now I have more reasons to justify buying it, hehe!

1 question; can you filter then return it to bulk aging in the carboys or would it be best to bottle right after filtering?

i don't see why you couldn't filter and then age some more - provided your SO2 readings are still in line with aging. the only thing is that you'd want to be filtering a wine that has already cleared... filtering is really polishing, its not a replacement for settling and racking off the lees and such. large particulate like dead yeast, oak powder and fining agents would prob clog any filter medium pretty quickly.

Checking the site Wade referred to, shows cartridges at $75 and if they are $35 at Wally World, it seems still to be a bit pricey.

I'd be tempted to take a coffee filter(s) and attach to the carboy using a elastic band and inverting into a clean 10 gallon fermenter. Only problem, it doesn't involve my vacuum pump.....yet. Might have to check out the pvc plumbing section at the hardware store to build a cheaper filter. Bet Wade could!!

Last thread, sorry for going off the thread topic.

wish list for '10:

2-300 gal tanks
4-200 gal tanks
4-100 gal tanks
4-50 gal tanks
thousands of #'s of various fruits
1- stainless 6 pot bottle filler
2- italian floor corkers
1-wine pump
-lots of lines and fittings
and a certain set of paper work from the atf!

just what i can think of for now....
What!!!! you dont want the winning lottery ticket Too :) :)

wish list for '10:

2-300 gal tanks
4-200 gal tanks
4-100 gal tanks
4-50 gal tanks
thousands of #'s of various fruits
1- stainless 6 pot bottle filler
2- italian floor corkers
1-wine pump
-lots of lines and fittings
and a certain set of paper work from the atf!

just what i can think of for now....
Think you need to win the lottery 1ST !

I am looking to buy:

2 60 gal barrels for Cab Sauv & Syrah
2 30 gal flextanks for Riesling & Chardonnay
3 macro bins

Latest posts

Back