So what did Santa bring you this Xmas?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked my wife for an AIO but instead she got me The Super Transfer Pump. Bless her heart for getting it but it just too much for my use. Pumps too fast and lets a lot of air into the wine and I have no control of the sediment when it's getting to the bottom. I only transfered 3 batches until I realized it was not the rightthing to use. If I cleaned it real good do you think I could return it. I would have kept it and found a use but she told me to sell it. Also got $375.00 in Harford gift cards. Lots of fun work heading my way in March or April.

https://labelpeelers.com/super-tran...VbUzMKt8txMk5E2-MXGR58wZFCLweKqkaAldoEALw_wcB

Well, late present to self. Just ordered my AIO. Have 2 batches to bottle but will wait until it comes in.

We used the Costco auto program and it was fantastic. Love all the new safety features on the new vehicles these days.

Always wonder about that program, especially since my wife is a Costco employee, although I know the program is for any Costco member.

Overall how much you think you saved if you were to buy the vehicle without going through the Costco program?

Tesla's is actually called "autopilot". It has quite a few more sensors than the Honda system. It should for that price. It appears that after the fatal accident in Florida with the 18 Wheeler that Tesla has modified their system to be more like the Honda system, i.e. you must keep your hands on the wheel in order to keep it engaged full time. You can remove your hands for short periods of time but any longer than ~30 seconds and it is disengaged and warning lights are flashing non stop.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinion/what-is-tesla-autopilot-2939356

@ibglowin

Sounds like the auto pilot from Tesla vehicles.

The dealer was very upfront and said the Costco price was an additional $1000 off MSRP. That was added to an end of the year clearance incentive. Our 2013 Accord was also purchased through the Costco program. There were no dealers in NM participating back then so we went to Seattle which is where Mrs IB is from and we made it a winery tour and new car road trip back home. The price back then was about the same as we paid this time. About $100 over dealer invoice.

Always wonder about that program, especially since my wife is a Costco employee, although I know the program is for any Costco member.

Overall how much you think you saved if you were to buy the vehicle without going through the Costco program?

I have to buy my own gifts; I didn't get jack.

Oh dear. Looks like your non-secret self Santa has not been kind to you. Suggest your self Santa consider that December 25th is just a day. And other days can be just as special. March 12 for example. That is a special day. Or even today, because it is Thursday. Thursday is a good gift day. :)

But as for X-Mass gifts, I often ask for technical tools. Often my wife is not sure about them, so I end up getting the default gift: A bottle of 15 year old scotch. I mean, how difficult is it to find a Marcovian glass impactor with a left handed screw? A bottle of scotch. Well. Okay. A bottle of scotch. I guess that will be okay instead.....

Oh, I just realized, I am out of scotch. And it is Thursday. :)

If searching for a Honda in the DMV, check out Waldorf Honda's online pricing. It was the best I found by far. We didn't use it, but they have a really cool online setup called Honda Express which will let you check out online and deliver the car to you. They'll even give you a firm quote on a trade-in after submitting a number of pictures. It is really neat. We were left of the far left box on the True Car curve for local sales and in the second lowest box for national pricing. They're really trying to move 2017s. They have a fair number of CRVs and Pilots left. Most of the other models are down to 1 or 2 of each.

Thanks @Redbird1 . At some point, we are going to have to replace my wife's 2007 Pilot. We got such a great deal on it (significantly less than invoice) and I haven't seen anything close to that. Also did very well when we got my 2011 Outback, using USAA's buying service. What I've seen from the services of late hasn't been too encouraging. Waldorf isn't far from NOVA. In fact, my very first car (1991 Honda CRX Si) was purchased from Pohanka Honda - in Marlow Heights at the time, but now a little further north - near Waldorf.

Edit: Yeah, just looked on line and their prices are very good.

Last edited:
You're quite welcome. I checked out every Honda dealer in a 100 mile radius I could get a quote from electronically, so I'm happy to have someone else benefit from the legwork. They easily had the best price for CRVs and Pilots. I despise haggling, but I seriously doubt I could have done any better if I was the smoothest talker ever going into any other dealership.

Try taking the quote in to a local dealer and see if they'll match or beat it. We got ours to (begrudgingly) beat it by about $40. All told, it was about $5500 below MSRP, and if the factory invoice from True Car is to be believed (I had to use a zip of 87544 to show the factory invoice price), it was over $2500 below that.

Edit to add: You can even click on "Price Details" once you get the quote and see a breakdown of all the fees. Their price even includes the $940 delivery fee, which most dealers don't include in their quotes.

Last edited:
Show her the Tesla Model X and have your wallet ready for its cost :D

Cool car, but I'll pass. The model 3 is quite intriguing though. I really like it. Maybe when I sell my Outback (a hundred years from now), I'll get one. :D

Cool car, but I'll pass. The model 3 is quite intriguing though. I really like it. Maybe when I sell my Outback (a hundred years from now), I'll get one. :D

I have a reservation for Model 3, made in July 2017, it is a really nice car based on all the features it has.
@ibglowin yes, I know and can wait, maybe other car manufacturers will have better EV options by then.
I'm in no rush driving my 2009 Civic EX-L :)
Although, my 16-year old daughter wants my car this year...

Latest posts

Back