So what did Santa bring you this Xmas?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Late Xmas present (for sausage making) showed up today..... :)

26167472_10208455275658367_8410550015941098577_n.jpg

So not only did I get a crusher offered from @Ajmassa5983 just prior to Christmas for a few bottles of wine. but then my wonderful beautiful girlfriend put a #25 press under the tree. Not a #35 but I'll take it. Glad now I vacillated on those craigslist posts

Pics or it didn’t happen!
Good for you man. #25, #30 or #35 would all probably work great. Initially I thought a 35 could be too big for the smaller batches. Not worried though. 25 is 5 gal right? And the 35 is about 12 I think. Press size #s are a mystery to me.
Well if you didn’t plan to hit it hard his spring I’m sure your changing your plans now!

Last edited:
#25 works for me. Yes 5 gallons. Right now I'm trying to decide whether to get a bucket of frozen wine must or frozen fruit to have something to press in the next few weeks. Leaning towards a pineapple wine, my last batch of pineapple is two years(one bottle left) and it's a rather decent white wine.

And yes this changes things this coming spring.

Got some badly needed clothes, mostly (I know, boring). Adobe Photoshop Elements also arrived. Also got a cool 'fish knife', a neat air powered cork screw (which I used for the first time tonight), and a nice, mustache stopper. Apple gift cards which will be used to upgrade my Mac, and, with some cash from my M-I-L, I sold my old GoPro and upgraded.

IMG_6151.JPG IMG_6152.JPG IMG_6153.JPG IMG_6156.JPG

I love my CRV. Wife and I keep talking about trading her Toyota in and getting a second one.

My wife's car for 20 years was a minivan - we went through 2 Chevy's, a Ford, and 2 Chrysler's. We downsized to a CRV a couple years ago. She was a little panicked about it for a while (suffered from MSA - minivan separation anxiety). But it's such a good little trooper of vehicle. She took to it pretty quickly.

This year I got a case of mini whiskeys and two cigars. Kids made out like bandits though!

WARNING: Do not try this at home! Picked up Mrs IB at the airport in ABQ yesterday. She wanted to spend a few days with our daughter in Burbank before the baby arrives in a few months. Took the new CRV, got in the right hand lane on the highway and set the adaptive cruise control at around 70, speed limit is 75 and most people drive 80-85. Turned on the lane keeping assist feature and basically let the car drive itself to ABQ. Hands were resting on my knees (off and on) an inch away from the wheel but wanted to try out the new safety features on this vehicle. The adaptive cruise control will slow you down if you come up on a car going slower than you, it will apply the brakes if need be to avoid a collision. The lane keeping assist keeps you between the stripes even around bends in the road. It was pretty darn cool and also a little creepy. It is not supposed to be hands free driving and in fact will flash a "steering required" every now and then but it will certainly keep you in your lane if your on the road and your eyes wander off the highway and the road bends..... Got a very impressive 34mpg on the 200 mile RT and the car is not even broken in. The engine is a 1.5L 4 cylinder Turbo which has plenty of pep and power up the hills we have in our area. So far pretty darn happy with the purchase.

2018-Honda-CRV-Automatic-Interior.jpg

Latest posts

Back