So Sad :(

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepingchick

**Domestic Goddess**
Reaction score
So with the inpending birth of crazy Lab Puppies, me starting Full time work, Ky going back to school and starting scouts and fall ball Guess What

:( I dont think Im gonna have time to WINE :(

!!!! OMG!!!!

so im rushing around this week, gonna rack the Muscato one last time and bottle the Skeeter but i can't start anything new cuz i wont have time to deal with it untill the puppies are gone around thanksgiving(ish)

*sigh*

how am i ever gonna get my stock up if i gotta keep taking breaks LOL!!!! gonna put the carboys n buckets up to store and Im so sad!

but the thought of fat little wiggily pupps does make me smile and i know itll be worth the time :D i do love rearing the pups above all my other hobbies so that is a bonus :D

Aww im sorry, i think that distillation is a part of my chemistry lab work so maybe ill learn "something usefull" in college after all lol!

What flavor pups,,, chocolate, vanilla, or dark chocolate?
Are they pure bred with papers? (AKC, or what ever that other one is)
How much for a female?

TG sounds like a good time to have them ready to go too,, just before christmas.

pure breed no papers and the flavors she tosses out are all the above LOL!!! we are blessed to have a girl who gives us a Rainbow of a litter!! her first litter came out dark to light!!!!! 3black, 3 choc, 5 yellow!!! the vet was in awe and so were we!! her 2nd litter was choc-black-choc-black-choc LOL!

who knows what they will give us this time i cant wait to see. Ive been busting my but today getting the dinning room turned into a whelping room! starting to take shape so im happy but im dripping sweat and over hot so YAY break time!

Don't give up hope. Try to accumulate more equipment if possible. Wine making is quite forgiving when it comes to timing. If you have enough equipment and a quiet place to keep it, you can start batches now and pretty much forget about them until the dead of winter when they'll be ready for you. The first couple of weeks has some requirements, but once it's in the secondary, it can just sit and wait.

That's the glorious thing about making wine. There is lots of downtime between racking. Get a couple things going and let them age....:dg

when the pups are born R U naming them after WINE?

naw...
if there are 7 its gonna be after the dwarves
8 will be Gilligan island (including the Minnow LOL) for less i dunno...
and i just hope there is not MORE!

last littler (back in october 08) the two black pups were Pinky and The Brain!!! (that was the best!!)

in the first litter there was a runt choc pup who didnt breath and i had to resuscitate (dont ask but just know it worked!) and dont judge me but we called her "Shorty" and that was short for short bus cuz we were sure shed be a litttle behind the others. turns out she was smart as a whip!!! but she was still alot smaller so the nick shorty worked !! i know its not PC but not much about me is PC and in my defense my friends with special needs kids LOVED the name LOLOLOLOL!!! its great to have friends as twisted as you are! we made sure to call her just Shorty around new people tho, didnt want to offend. She was Hubby and Kylie's fav, was so hard for them to get rid of her

the first pup ever born was a little piggy he could never eat enough!! he was also a runt LOL but we named him Wilber cuz he was such a little piggy!

and in the last litter we had this Chock who outweighed the rest by a significant amount (5 pounds more than the rest of the pack at 8 weeks!!) that chunky but we called Budda! he was a dear and such a gental giant i miss that little dork!

Budda and Wilber were my personal favs... we seem to have a pup each littler that we bond with and are at a loss when we home them...

but im such a B!TC4 when it comes to homing the pups..i do long phone interviews first, then i call references, then i meet the people and if i dont like em i turn em away!! cant tell yall how many times i have been cussed out by people i wouldnt sell to!!! glad i got a thick skin, but i dont care, its all about gettin them the best home. Usually the pups go to friends or friends of friends so we have been lucky so far!

Dining room turned Puppy Whelping Room!!!

to think all my wine stuff was in there just this morning!!!

u can still see the full bottles under the table...
and the green stuff in the puppy containment area (aka kiddy pool) is fleece....

whelping.jpg

LOL! wellll it was kinda slimy so it was the Sling-n-Suck (suck with a baby snot sucker) but it worked and she was great!!!

You could just pack up all of your wine supplies and bring them over to my cellar (basement) and I will take real good care of it all...;)

if u were closer and i got half the product that might be arranged LMAO!!!

Last edited:
It's amazing the love we give our pets.
My daughter mad to give mouth to snout with one of our Bostons.
He survived and is named Hoover. Yep after the vaccum clean! When he was a puppy, he would be all over the spilled dog food, or anything we dropped for him to eat!
He is a wonderful little guy, but a little slow. Thunderstorms or fireworks drive him crasy. They have puppy prozac for him.

We joke about our female Boston Terriers looking like "Bloated Hippos" when they are about full term. I know they have to be so miserable.

LOL ya my daughter doesnt pick up so well, and rain just dont care where she lies down right now LOL

Latest posts

Back