So how much alcohol is REALLY in my wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are no help.šŸ˜…
I looked at the article and then did something silly - I did a search for "wine". Came back with 693 articles. Some will be useful, some not. But still...thanks. Thanks a lot. My reading list was already growing exponentially.

This might open a whole new rabbit hole. I haven't read it yet, might not, the title means me think the C- I got in Chemistry more than a few decades ago might not be enough. But here you go, warning this has led Daniel P. To try some sort of new study Advanced Monitoring and Control of Redox Potential in Wine Fermentation across Scales

I looked at the article and then did something silly - I did a search for "wine". Came back with 693 articles. Some will be useful, some not. But still...thanks. Thanks a lot. My reading list was already growing exponentially.
There are 2 or 3 hours each night you're wasting your time sleeping. Good time to catch up on reading? šŸ¤£

Random additional question to throw into the mix from a rank newbie-

Yeast strains exhibit different fermentation characteristics based on differing fermentation scenarios, hence all the differing yeast strains on the market. Therefore, isn't it therefore also true that these different yeast strains also exhibit differing alcohol production curves based on the O2/CO2 concentrations/ratios?

Random additional question to throw into the mix from a rank newbie-

Yeast strains exhibit different fermentation characteristics based on differing fermentation scenarios, hence all the differing yeast strains on the market. Therefore, isn't it therefore also true that these different yeast strains also exhibit differing alcohol production curves based on the O2/CO2 concentrations/ratios?
I never thought I would enjoy reading about yeast. Crazy.
I've learned the single most important factor affecting yeast is temperature followed very closely by pH and sugar concentration. But even that is an oversimplification. Yeast are incredibly complex. And all the parameters are connected, changing one affects the others. Yes, O2/CO2 concentrations matter but it's just one piece in a very very big puzzle.

Latest posts

Back