So happy I bought a floor corker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyfire322

Reaction score
Bottling commences tomorrow, and I bought a floor corker for this wonderful occasion. I decided to give it a test run to see how difficult it would be, and well... It's a lot smoother than I expected it to be!

I didn't even try the hand corker and must say, it was easily one of the best investments I've made thus far!

hah I know the feeling. I had a hand corker and I just did a test bottle and immediately bought a Portuguese floor corker because there was no way I was going to be corking several hundred bottles a year with a hand corker! hah.

The best item I've purchased in this hobby though is still the AIO pump. The corker isn't far off, but the AIO was a godsend.

Floor corkers are a must. Which model did you get?

I got the red Portuguese one. The first few bottles had muffin tops, and it was then I realized there was an adjustable nut. Once I got the right position, I was off to the races! Definitely going to get loctite to keep it in place.

My next investment is going definitely going to be the AIO!

Thanks for the loctite tip. Might be bragging but did I mention I bought mine for $10.00. It corked 30 bottles before the lady lost interest in winemaking. She listed 2-5 and 1-6 gallon carboys on Craigslist for $10.00 each and when I got there she asked if I wanted the corker for another $10.00.

Anyone know where you can get a replacement plastic round shaped part the bottle sits on? I bought a used one and it didn't have it anymore.

I just bought it from label peelers this is the first time I've used it just bottled some concord and noticed that there was a crease in the cork. I used the noma VHN #8 corks, and a brand new Italian floor corker.

Last edited:
Well they were the only corks I have at the moment. I'll definitely be getting some # 9 first grade corks soon.

I agree. I just bought this lovely from someone whose father passed away. 75$ plus a 6 gal & a 5 gal carboy. I guess he bottled a lot of wine with it. It went thru 30 bottles without batting an eye. I am honored to care take this for him until my kids can pay it forward again when I go.

Attachments

• 1509515332812854446865.jpg
    1509515332812854446865.jpg
    591.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back