Snow is almost gone

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Nothing serious so far. Petite Pearl, Itasca and Frontenac have all survived. Frontenac showed more damage than I anticipated. I've lost a few buds I would have preferred to keep. I haven't gotten to my Vidal Blanc yet, which I expect to be completely wrecked. I've got low expectations, so hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I started with 36 Vidal 2 years ago, and the first year, all were killed to the ground, and 16 killed outright. This year, 100% survival of the remaining 20. Go figure.

I started with 36 Vidal 2 years ago, and the first year, all were killed to the ground, and 16 killed outright. This year, 100% survival of the remaining 20. Go figure.

I just checked and started pruning them yesterday. The canes are still green, but I have yet to find a bud that is alive. For being a "cold hardy" variety, Vidal seems pretty touchy. I think one is dead to the graft. We'll see how things look as I continue to prune them.

Latest posts

Back