RJ Spagnols "snow" at the bottom of my white zin

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just racked a batch of Vino del Vida from the primary. I mixed all the packets in as per instructions and stirred accordingly. It sat for 15 min, and there is this white snow looking chucky stuff at the bottom. If this suppose to be like this? , or did i not stir enough( i stirred as per instructions).

Greg:

I just typed in a nice reply to your question, and who knows where it went to. So here's the short answer.

Personally I suggest more stirring. Spagnols kits have problems with white stuff floating, and stirring seems to be the resolution.

Steve

I think I have the very same problem you have only I have Gooseberry wine. I probably screwed mine up but I put a campden tablet in it. I had no idea what else to do.

What are the temps? Did you use a drill mounted stir or a spoon cause if you are using a spoon that may be he problem. I do RJS kits all the time and like these kits more then any others out there and have never had this problem but I do use a drill mounted stirrer. If this all through your wine then it is fine as it is floculating and thats what it is supposed to do but if it is just sitting on the botoom and your wine is still very cloudy and it has been 5 or more days then you have reason to believe something is wrong.

Latest posts

Back