Quantcast

sluggish??

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

countrygirl

Reaction score
is it just me and/or my computer, or has the site been verrry slow the past couple of days? and i mean, i have enough time to get up and refresh my coffee before it loads...when i go to ebay or facebook, it's normal speed:(
i will reboot computer when i'm done this morning and see if that helps. i'll report back later...

djrockinsteve

Reaction score
Defragment and dump all of your cookies. I do this often with this PC.

Tom

Reaction score
this site has been running slow on my PC

djrockinsteve

Reaction score
You may want to clear your cache if you visit many sites. It's like having a million things on your mind and you have to stop to think. Clear your mind.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
WMT Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Soak your hard drive in super kleer for one week then rinse in k-meta solution! :)

ffemt128

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Been running fine for me both at home and at work.

countrygirl

Reaction score
still sluggish tonight:(
but i haven't defrag or dumped cookies yet.
i'm not very computer savvy, but me n hubby will figure it out

rodo

Reaction score
Whenever mine slows down I run Spybot Search and Destroy, and sometimes Malwarebytes' Anti Malware.

winemaker_3352

Reaction score
Running fine here - are you wireless or hard wired? Could be your router has network congestion.

Is your computer running slow - or is it your internet connection slow?

Go here and test your connection speed.

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Could just be your PC - like stated before - i would clear out your browser cache and cookies - if that doesn't work - i would defrag.

djrockinsteve

Reaction score
What operating software are you running? I use Internet Explorer on this PC.
Doing all that I said is easy and you should do it often. Especially your cookies. You should dump them daily.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Arctic Computer Repair

Identify the problem, find a solution!

Rica, If'in you ever need computer support I will be there to help you.

I wont even charge you a dime. Just always fun to see the computer try to jump up and run right before it gets hit with the other barrel.

Normally I can solve most computer problems in 2.3 seconds.

Can't always guarantee to make it run bettter, but 100% guarantee it will cause you no more problems!
:se

HEE HEE

gun comp1.jpg

fixed computer.jpg

Last edited:

Deezil

Reaction score
Amongst the new love of wine making, the aging life of fish keeping, the even older mmorpg-gaming-addiction... I was once dangling by my heels into computers and troubleshooting... Not that i'm the greatest at any of the previously mentioned, but i've survived well enough the last 10 years...

Defragging should be done regularly, regardless..

Disk clean up is another Windows feature that can help - can clear out some more unnecessary junk that builds up. Compressing your hard drive / information wouldnt be recommended if you suffer from the newly acknowledged WMTA because its going to require a few hours to compress it all, especially if you have a larger hard drive and it happens to be mostly/completely full..

Do you have an anti-virus program?
If not, AVG is free, and it works pretty well

Another program, for those who dont favor 'Spybot Search & Destroy' is a program called CCleaner. It will remove everything from cookies to temporary internet files; also deletes old installer files, unused/unknown leftover files from previously installed/uninstalled programs..

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
You should analyze the hard drive before defragging as defragging your hard drive all time isnt good for the drive so onky do it when it is needed.

countrygirl

Reaction score
Identify the problem, find a solution!

Rica, If'in you ever need computer support I will be there to help you.

I wont even charge you a dime. Just always fun to see the computer try to jump up and run right before it gets hit with the other barrel.

Normally I can solve most computer problems in 2.3 seconds.

Can't always guarantee to make it run bettter, but 100% guarantee it will cause you no more problems!
:se

HEE HEE
this is what i want to do to the computer at work:m
i am wirelss hp laptop. only this site is slow. i think i need to defrag and dump cookies. we have norton's anti-virus (like the name, lol)
we have teenager and 11 yr. old neice always looking up stuff/downloading, etc. hubby often has to redo things. we have a computer savvy friend who helps with this but hubby is in major irrigation mode right now and this is back burner. i've defragged once at work with i.s. help, so i may be able to figure it out. thanks for all the input...if anyone ever has any surgery questions, i'll be your go to girl!

Redtrk

Winemaking dysfunctional
Reaction score
I've been readin this thread since I signed on. This sight doesn't seem sluggish.

Latest posts