slow going in the new winemaking area

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wade...your room is so neat and tidy....

Wines look good too!!!!!
smiley4.gif

Cant help it, Im a neat freak. Wish the rest of the family was even 50% as neat as me!
smiley19.gif

Wade,

What is that red device on the left side of your counter? It looks like it could be something to assist with labeling your bottles.

Edited by: gaudet

It is a
<h2>
right.gif
Horizontal Thermocapsuler</h2>

Electric (110 volt) heat source for use with PVC shrink
capsules. Adjusts to any size bottle. George sells it but doesnt show a picture so i copied and paseted from another site. Works awesome and really fast. You rest it on the side and insert it and remove it that fast as its done.

<t>
</t><table width="410" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0">
<t><tr valign="top">
<td width="50">
</td><td width="160">Horizontal Thermocapsuler </td><td width="45" align="right">
</td><td width="50" align="right">

</td><td valign="top" width="90">
</td>
</tr>

</t></table>

Edited by: wade

Wade,
I have an equipment question? I think I see speakers on the wall above your table. What kind of music is played for your wines? Do you select music based on wine making stage? How does music selection affect bouquet, balance, fruit etc.?Perhaps apoll is in order....
smiley8.gif
!

A little heavy metal when yeast is added to wake them yeasties up, some good "ole" fashion rock&amp;roll to keep them going and some classical while they are bulking to keep them calm. Im very eclectic!

I think Wade played the "William Tell Overture" or what the heck ever it is called where there is lots of booming and banging like a "Volcano" I have seen his eruption there posted a lot of times!
smiley36.gif

Naw, I played a little thrash metal and the fermented wine got really mad at me and threw up!

Wade, just watch that machine, i did see a small fire start once from that type of machine...nothing serious, afterall it is just the shrink cap...but it did make a smoky scene and a sticky mess that could only be...yep you guessed it...burned off

w dilgence this will never happen wink wink....but i wasnt dilgent.....as Marion Coutllard says in "A Good Year"...."Just so you know!"

Just saw this post Al. I can see it happening as that tool gets very hot!!!!!!! It heats up the room pretty quick. Heres what is going on lately. From left to right is 3g Mulberry/Marionberry, in back of that is a 5g Chilean grapes blend of Zin/Cab, back is 6g of Banana/Pineapple Voignier, in front is 6g Crab apple with a small bottle of top up next to that that looks like Pepto, 2 6g's of Raspberry in the back and then 3 gallons of Dandelion on the extreme right.
Picture-2.jpg

you may have an addiction :)

in the upper middle of the page, am i seeing an intravenous bag?
smiley14.gif

you probably put wine in there right? :)

That is a flattened out Pinot Grig bottle supposedly for cutting cheese on.

They sell those at craft fairs. I use a butane torch. Oxyacetlyne gets too hot and scorches the label.

Someone, explain to me exactly how you flatten out a wine bottle. I would like to try that some weekend. It would make for a good conversation piece I think.

Latest posts

Back