slow going in the new winemaking area

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Due to high mileage on our vehicles and a good sale on used vehicles my
wife and I decided to go and trade both our vehicles in for much newer
vehiclesbut without creating monthly payments. So we traded in my truck
with a bad tranny that the dealer didnt notice and got good money for a
newer car for her and will be trading in her truck with a transfer case
that we relaced twice already in 10 years for my vehicle on Wednesday
which took up a lump out of our savings but not much more than it ould
have been to fix them both and they both had 120,000 miles + on them. I
have 2 choc/rasp kits on order and have almost enough rasp for a
melomel which I will buy the rest frozen from BJ's and do it soon as my
wife wants the room in our freezer anyway. That will probably be it for
a while but I do have 30 gallons bulk aging. Probably have to make some
trim myself for the wine cellar to get that finished.

You have to keep your priorities in order!

Just gave my 16 year old daughter my 2002 Volvo and I inherited a 1995 Dodge Dakota pickup with 37,000 miles from my father-in-law. The pickup will work well for the store and since I drive about 500 miles per month, it should hold up well. Besides the price (free!) was hard to pass up.

A 1995 with only 37000 miles on it, I put that on our Cherokee in 2 1/2 years!
smiley19.gif

I beat that Wade, I just recently purchased a 1992 Plymouth Voyager van that was equipped with a wheel chair lift so we have something to get Kat's Mom around in and it has only 23, 400 miles on it. I was skeptical until I did a carfax check and had my mechanic check it out.VAn looks almost new.

Wow, and I thought the 2002 Grand Prix that I just bought for myself with 34,000 on it was remarkable.

I guess I am going the wrong way, my 2005 pickup has 210,000 kms on it. I am about to pass my wifes 1997 Taurus

Doesnt look to slow in there now!
smiley4.gif
Just started the La Bodega Port there on the floor.
20071114_201451_Wine_room.jpg

Edited by: wade

If it runs,and its paid for,then its ok in my book!I drive 400 miles a week in town.My 99 windstar has 150,000 and its still going strong.I will probably put another 50,000 on it,then buy another used one.Im a locksmith,and do lots of in town driving.Nice looking collection Wade!

Just traded off my old Caddy...183,000...she runs good...but could start getting expensive...I hope someone gives her a good home.

From left to right.
RJS Winery Series Cal. Syrah, RJS E.P. Amarone, RJS Winery Series Super Tuscan, Ancient Orange Mead, RJS Brew House Cream Ale in front, Crab Apple in back, and Raspberry Melomel. $ bottles of Plum wine along with 2 cases on the floor that Im about to put labels and shrink wraps on and insert in cellar.
20080426_160243_Current.jpg

Wade, your AO looks incredible!! I guess you weren't kidding when you said it was crystal clear! It's especially purdy!
smiley1.gif

Yea, it almost glows in the dark!
smiley36.gif
After racking the Crab Apple the other day it clouded back up though. Not sure that I stirred up a little sediment. I racked very carefully and added sulfite and with the hose at the bottom of the carboy I dont think that I added much chance of oxidation and my S02 levels are decent but I know apple wine is very prone to browning. Hopefully I just hit a little sediment and I will filter this when I back sweeten probably in a few weeks.

Racked my RJS wines today from clearing stage to bulk aging stage.. From left to right is Cru Select RQ Tannat/Merlot and added the heavy American oak spirals. Next is the Winery Series Cal. Syrah that has been bulk aging a few months already. Then we have the Winery series Cab. Sauv. Then is the Winery series Old Vine Zin. On the end is the Chocolate Strawberry that is a Jack keller recipe that Cornfield made and it sounded so good I had to try it. In a few weeks its Mulberry picking time from a person who i have a side job from and my room will be very busy, then some more of those crab apples that I found last year in front of a Church and the Father there loved the wine and told me to pick as many as I want.
20080719_165457_Wines.jpg

This is whats going on as we speak here. From left to right is Black Currant-6, Orange Chocolate port-3, Peach Ice Wine-3, Blackberry-3, Peach Ice-3, Orange Blossom Muscat-3. What a wonderful smell there is in this room, kinda like a compote! All these wines will surely get the chance to bulk age as my wine cellar is full to the rim! I think I have a little over 800 bottles in there.
20081127_081052_Picture.jpg

WOW! 800 bottles.! I thought I was bad with about 300! Of course I only started a little over a year ago!

Hannabarn, -- At that rate you will pass Wade in no time. You will have to add on to your house. Think of the cost! You might need to send some my way. I will help keep your numbers controllable.

Here's the view tonight. Left to right is Black Currant, Orange
Chocolate Port, Peach Ice wine, Blackberry and whats left of the Orange
Blossom Muscat that I didnt have corks for but needed the 3 gallon
carboy for the OCP. Got 100 corks today.
20081201_171106_Picture.jpg

Looks awesome Wade... gotta get me some of those tags.. I am getting lost just with the few jugs I have in the secondarys.. Staples.. here I come. And they have GPS navigators on salenext door.Time to dust off the plasticEdited by: RkyMtnWine

Latest posts

Back