Slight fizziness | Risk?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DageonYar

Total NeW-B
Reaction score
Bottled our Blueberry shiraz about 2 weeks ago. But I think we didn't degass near enough. The wine has a slight fizziness on the tongue, not quite carbonated, but enough to noticed. The wife seems to like it like this, and it's not half bad when served chilled. My question is, do we risk exploding our bottles? I used #9 corks, and shrink wrapped them.

If ts just trapped C02 from not degassing then thats fine, if its a renewed fermentation in the bottle your in trouble. keep an eye on them just to make sure its not the later!

Yeah, was it the Orchard breezin blueberry shiraz kit?
I have one of those clearing right now and me and Kat degasses it twice already with the drill attached mix stir.
I plan on degassing again next week and letting it sit an additional week to make sure it's totally clear and degassed.
If there is one degassing product that I'll whole heartedly reccomend is the stainless steel mix stir.

Yea, it's the Orchard Breezin one. We degassed with the plastic wand for a good 10 mins, but apparently wasn't enough lol. Live and learn. Next batch is getting degassed with the wand, and then a vacuum pump :)

Latest posts

Back