Sleeping in a room where wine is being made

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have no knowledge on wine making or wine in general, this is my grandfather’s hobby.
For around a week now I’ve been staying with my grandparents. I’ve been sleeping in their spare room where my grandfather likes to make wine in a barrel (around 5 litres). For the past two days, I’ve had an awful headache that just won’t go away no matter how many painkillers I take. Is the wine the reason? Is it dangerous to sleep in the same room he’s making it in?

I have no knowledge on wine making or wine in general, this is my grandfather’s hobby.
For around a week now I’ve been staying with my grandparents. I’ve been sleeping in their spare room where my grandfather likes to make wine in a barrel (around 5 litres). For the past two days, I’ve had an awful headache that just won’t go away no matter how many painkillers I take. Is the wine the reason? Is it dangerous to sleep in the same room he’s making it in?
Fermenting wine emits CO2, I suppose if there's not a continuous supply of fresh air going into the room the CO2 could accumulate and cause some issues, even though 5 liters isn't much wine. Try putting a little box fan in the doorway to the room to push fresh air into the room and cause the CO2 to escape. If that doesn't work, try a change of pillows...........

Thank you for all of your replies, not sure if you’ll get notifications but turns out it’s covid haha ffs. I tested yesterday and the day before and nothing, but positive today. Still in bed full of headaches and body pains. Thanks for all the help though haha!
wishing you a quick recovery.

Latest posts

Back