Skydiving

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck! You're gonna love AFF!

We just had one of those 'indoor skydiving' places open about 15 min from the house. Wife actually wants to try it, so I think we'll have a date night soon.

Well it's that time of year. Taking an AFF - Assisted Free Fall course tomorrow April 1. Weather and time permitting I believe we be jumping after the class. Looking forward to this...

Jumped out over the Rocky Mountains last September, went with my daughter and son. It was a BLAST. Had to go tandem but well worth it. Can't wait to go again.
You are going to love it.

Why jump???

That is probably a perfectly good airplane you'll be sitting in .. LOL

There is no such thing as a perfectly good airplane.

And, landing is just a controlled crash. So, just take that risk out of the equation. :D

Like they say - If at first you don't succeed. . . give up skydiving! (I couldn't resist! Have fun.)

Jumped twice several years ago, both static line jumps.
After seeing how excited everyone that jumped the first time, my wife decided to do a tandem jump.
Ive done a lot of fun and interesting things but id call this a life experience. If you think you can let go of or let someone push you from a plane, quit making excuses.
If you think you may not , dont give those people any money.
It wont be easyer 5,000 to10, 000 ft off the ground. Both times I went someone rode the plane back to the ground.

If you think you can let go of or let someone push you from a plane, quit making excuses.
If you think you may not , dont give those people any money.
It wont be easyer 5,000 to10, 000 ft off the ground. Both times I went someone rode the plane back to the ground.

I must admit, it was a strange experience, standing on the landing gear of an airplane, holding onto the strut, 5000' above the ground, and thinking "And you want me to LET GO??!?!?"

Good luck! You're gonna love AFF!

We just had one of those 'indoor skydiving' places open about 15 min from the house. Wife actually wants to try it, so I think we'll have a date night soon.

Jim, my wife and I did that at iFly in Baltimore for her birthday. It was good, definitely worth the experience but I doubt if we'll be back. The basics are easy, but control and feedback of your body to ensure the correct position without the instructors assistance was much more difficult. It probably would have taken 10 'flights' to get to the point where I could solo and do the cool stuff. I'm thinking a tandem jump would be much for fun, and certainly more bragging rights. Maybe soon, before my Term policy expires.

So how much are you guys paying for this?
I called a place in CT, about 1 hour and 45 minutes drive, and their price is $225 per person and $99 for the video package if you wish to have it recorded.
They tell me they go up 14,000 feet, highest than any other company around.

$225 for a tandem? That's pretty good. When I was jumping somewhat regularly 20+ years ago, tandems were $180 for the first one, IIRC. My first AFF jump was $300.

I jumped back in high school...45 years ago. Went to a Jump School, cost 55 bucks and you got three static line jumps. The "school" consisted of standing on top of a table and jumping onto a dirty mattress with your knees bent. Jerry, the pilot/instructor's breath smelled of whiskey and the yellow Piper airplane really was held together with duct tape and bailing wire.

When I said I jumped, that was a little misleading. I actually fell off of the wing strut trying to get back in the damn plane. Texas is a huge place with lots of open ground. Imagine my surprise at narrowly missing landing on top of a bob wire fence, but I did find a prickly pear cactus. I did not crap my pants.....but only because I was puckered up so tight!

Jerry still owes me two jumps. I just ain't found the time to go collect the debt. It all worked out. Later on in the Army when those Airborne Ranger guys came around looking for fresh meat....I KNEW I wasn't gonna jump out of another damn plane!!

Latest posts

Back