Skil Power Corkscrew - anybody seen/tried?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

dralarms

Overboard as usual
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nope, but I gotthe one that wal mart sells for 30.00. Works great.

Reaction score
i like to use my old wing type manual, and if that dont work i have my set of port tongs......they always work......plus its fun to make a fire in my smoker for them.

Kraffty

Reaction score
Hey James, what are Port tongs, I've seen it mentioned a couple of times and have no clue.
Thanks, Mike

Thig

Reaction score
Hey James, what are Port tongs, I've seen it mentioned a couple of times and have no clue.
Thanks, Mike
Best way to see the use of Port tongs is to Google it on youtube and see a demonstration. You basically break the neck just below the cork.

dessertmaker

Reaction score
Somebody needs to break a bottle neck as far below the cork as possible with a set of these and mail it to me. I want a slide for my guitar.

Reaction score
lol....you can buy (a safe slide) out of glass at the picking store..
on a really old port, the corks are dried out, to the point you cant get them out....so you use your port tong.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUTtjY4Dj7s[/ame]

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
I haven't used the Skil, but my wife bought me this one a few years back for Christmas:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/waring-electric-wine-opener/1041653203?device=c&network=g&matchtype=&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_winebar_&gclid=CKWLz8HTlrsCFUsV7AodgCgA2g

It stayed in the box for about a year before I finally broke it out. I like it, but it's bulky. Fortunately, we had a drawer in the kitchen with some space, so I keep it in there. I go a couple months in between charges, opening 3-4 bottles a week.

dessertmaker

Reaction score
jamesngalveston said:
lol....you can buy (a safe slide) out of glass at the picking store.. on a really old port, the corks are dried out, to the point you cant get them out....so you use your port tong. Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUTtjY4Dj7s
I don't want a safe slide. I want a slide made from a wine bottle with history! I've got plenty of sanding blocks. I can make it safe enough.

Reaction score
ok..your own...the next vintage port i open the neck is yours.
i being a player willl carefully pick the right spot for the breckarge.
i will try to give you enough of the neck to go across the fret bar.
promise

Latest posts