Skeeter Pee without slurry?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK...back from Omaha and my bro's doing fine. All ready to continue his regimen of double cheesburgers and supersized fries. Maybe, just maybe the zipper on his chest will be a reminder to occasionally have a salad and take a walk.
I took your advice and just for grins dumped in another packet of yeast before I got on the plane. I tossed in a packet of 2 year old 71B-1122 that I was going to throw out. It was expired but kept refrigerated. To my surprise, the S.G. was down to 1.040 upon my return. I dumped in the last bottle of lemon juice, the nutrient and energizer and racked to a carboy. It's percolating nicely. I used the slurry from the Pinot Blanc to start a new batch because I didn't have much faith in the first. Looks like I'll be up to my neck in pee. I used the brand name Real Lemon on this batch. It smells a whole lot better than what I tried first (Richfood). Stay tuned and thanks for the advice.
Wally

Glad to hear your brother is doing better and glad to hear the pee started fermenting again. Keep us posted.

Latest posts

Back