Skeeter Pee Timeline

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started primary 03/02/20 added nutriets and the process is still going hard. Its been 7 days now since its still fermenting good should I let it stay in primary until it slows down or rack it even if its still going strong?

Hey wine peeps. Made my first batch of SP in January and it’s all clear and pretty and sitting in a carboy until I figure out what I’m doing with it. I was thinking of getting those 4 oz bottles of flavoring from my local brew store to make different flavors. Has anyone used them and have an opinion? Thanks!

I started primary 03/02/20 added nutriets and the process is still going hard. Its been 7 days now since its still fermenting good should I let it stay in primary until it slows down or rack it even if its still going strong?

Welcome, AJ (I believe).

Do you have a hydrometer to measure the specific gravity (SG)? You are strongly advised to base your winemaking decisions on the SG, not on any subjective impressions of the fermentation progress.

In general, you should let it ferment down below about 1.005 in primary. You can transfer to a carboy when it is below roughly that level.

Hey wine peeps. Made my first batch of SP in January and it’s all clear and pretty and sitting in a carboy until I figure out what I’m doing with it. I was thinking of getting those 4 oz bottles of flavoring from my local brew store to make different flavors. Has anyone used them and have an opinion? Thanks!

I was sent a bottle that was mixed with black current flavoring and it's really good. Ultimately, it's going to depend on one's taste buds as to what he or she likes in flavor. Give it a shot. You don't have to do your whole batch, if you don't want.

Just something to think about. I back-sweeten AND flavor ( at the same time ) a lot of my SP with flavored syrup back-sweeten to whatever SG you enjoy.

The bottle I sent crabjoe was back-sweetened and flavored with Belveder's Blackcurrant syrup to a SG of 1.02.

This is all done after fermentation is complete, stabilized,degassed and cleared. I also use strawberry, and red raspberry syrups. If I can fine a good blackberry syrup that I like I would use that also.

Back