Skeeter Pee S.G.?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milky7272

Junior
Reaction score
Well I started my first batch last night. I have followed the directions to a t, and plan to try to start it late tonight with lalvin ec-1118. My question is when I check S.G. It was around 1.06 so I added sugar to get it to 1.07 I forgot to factor in the tempature of the must. This morning my S.G. was 1.075 after cooling. Will this be ok? If so Will I have a hard time starting it with yeast? Thanks Richard

You should be fine. The sg is approximate, 1.075 really isn't that much more.

good luck

My S.G. was about the same when I started mine. I did find that when I did my first batch from a slurry it started up easier and fermented faster than the batch I have going now using 1118. I did make a starter for this one, rehydrating the yeast and then adding some must to it untill I had about 8 cups going before I added to the primary, and did not just pitch the yeast. If you use the search part of this forum you can read the experiences of others that have done both. Good luck, you will enjoy the finshed product.

An update on my pee. I was starting to worry about the pee I started from yeast with no slurry. Fermintation was going but not very good. Yesterday morning with the S.G. down to 1.06 with very little activity I added the last bottle of juice and the nutrient and enigizer. I woke up with this this morning, and a S.G. of around 1.04 and falling. I am so excited!!!!!!!!!

sp.jpg

Looks to me like someone pee'd in that bucket. If you told anyone that you had a pee bucket in the corner, you better ask around.

Latest posts

Back