Skeeter Pee Revisited

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about bottle carbing a couple, but I cant do that because of the sorbate. Not sure about your lines. Lemon is a mild acid, but I don't think it is that much!

I think I've read that people with draft systems for beer don't use soda on them. Not sure why.

I'm afraid if you have a draft system then you have a lot more knowledge than I good Sir.

Sounds good to me Matty, I think it is a temperature issue. Everything else sounds right. It likes that oxegen. Dont stir it round and round, whip it like with a slotted spoon, or a whip itself. Get it warm and you should be fine.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/kegging/draft-systems/five-gallon-keg-system-used-keg.html

Jason, check this out. I have my eye on this from Northern brewer. It doesn't include the co2 tank but this is everything you need. Pour in your beer, turn on the air and voila. Don't know if these systems work for wine, have to ask one of the other members, I haven't ordered anything from these people but there prices seem reasonable and they have a flat rate shiping in the continental US. They have a printed catalog for beer, and one for wine. I say while your on their site, order one of each.

Troy

Before you buy a boxed system, I would do some research to see what is involved in making your own. I have a converted Sanyo kegerator that fits 2 corney kegs and a CO2 tank. It has a custom two-faucet stainless draft tower with forward-sealing faucets. I put it all together for much less than a standard, single, rear-sealing faucet kegerator.

I intended to do that for sure, still just a fantasy, will be a couple months before I get that far.. Pretty simple though. I am looking forward to drifting over to include beer making into this obsession.

If you keep your eye on Craigslist, you could build one for VERY cheaply...

You guys were right with the temp. I went out and picked up brew belt and it made all the difference. Thanks!

I keep my buckets/carboys next to an oil heaters. Seems to do the trick.

Absolutely Matty, temperature is real important, most especially while the yeast begings to grow. Once it is going good most yeasts will tolerate changes in temp., but not like you need too keep it at "x" temperature forever. You did the right thing buy buying that belt, sounds like you can already see why.

Keep on keeping on, keep us posted on your progress.

Troy

I just wanted to pipe in here:

I started a batch of skeeter pee. Early in the day I had racked off to the secondary a batch of blueberry wine. With the sludge and berries that were left I added 3 cups of sugar, gallon of water, and 2 tsp of nutrient. Came back an hour or two later and it was bubbling away nicely. Added the first round of lemon juice and the rest of the ingredients. It did not skip a beat and is bubbling away nicely.
I give most of the credit to my new brew belt.

The brew belt is rocking this pee. After a day I'm down to 1.045 and had to add the 2nd bottle of lemon concentrate! The little taste off my stir stick was great! Glad this stuff won't need to age much :D

Ok so mine is finished, have not bottled it yet, but will get to it soon. I took a thief out to sample it with my dad. Well it's pretty damn good!

Cool Volf, I really like the stuff! Plan on making alot more of it. The only thing is the tartness, but backsweetening obviously solves that. Everyone should at least make one batch!

Yeah it is tart. We bottled tonight and put a couple in the freezer to get em cold. Wow it was pretty good. I will start the new batch with DME in it and give a taste comparison.

Even if you drink it early, get it cold!!, its pretty gooh huh? LOL
Right on.

Well it is offcial, 10 out of 10 people who have drank my pee agree, It's Good!

Well it is offcial, 10 out of 10 people who have drank my pee agree, It's Good!

I know, this is my most popular. I can drink in at room temperature, chlled and I have salted my glass rim, added crushed ice and drank it like a margarita. And it was still good! :db

Latest posts

Back