SKEETER PEE PORT

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
started skeeter pee 1/28/20 , EC-1118 , SSG 1080, i use a cordless drill to stir using a stainless steel mayo stirrer, i start my skeeter pee's with 2 qt lemon juice per 6 gallon water, stirred today as i do everyday during ferment, SG down to 1020, added more yeast energizer and 10 lbs sugar brought me back to 1040, once the alcohol kills my EC -1118 then i add more lemon juice so i end up with 1 qt lemon concentrate per gallon water, then will rack to carboys to clear, takes a couple rckings using a 1 micron filter, when it's ready to bottle i get a 6 & 1/2 carboy pour a fifth of PGA (EVERCLEAR 190 PROOF) INTO THE 6 & 1/2 CARBOY RACK 6 gallon skeeter pee into that, turn my other AIO wine pump, (thanks steve) and bottle , using another 1 micron filter on the bolleing one as well, 1 micron on all whites, 5 micron on all reds, never made a kit, and never made any proper wines,, lol grape type wines, i am sweet country wines to the bone, but they allow me to kick around, and save my neck when i hit a problem,
Dawg

I went to bed way to early, i awoke at 10;pm so i washed 2 more cases of bottles, then i decided to bottle one carboy of skeeter pee,i put 750ml of 190 proof everclear, and 750 ml of snopes i got years ago in germany, then i put a funnel on my 6 & 1/2 gal bottling carboy, so i put a funnel in it to add a little sugar into it, i stumbled and dumped way to much sugar so i used my cordless to stir it, FSG is, way to high, it is ESG IS 1.85 , so i bottled it and brought one bottle to bed, it is sweet and it is strong, but the extra high ABV and extra sweet , WELL it ain't bad , i would have never done this on purpose but dang two sips and i'm going to bed right now, LATER MY COMPARAIDS I'M DONE, WHEW
Dawg

i sent 5 bottles of this extra sweet and extra striong skeeter pee port, to my aunt in her latter stages of cancer, she said sleep came long and restful, that makes it all worth wild,,,, knowing i have made her life more bearable make this all extar worth wild, this was a 5 gal carboy run up to the max with EC-1118 , 750 lt, of 190 everclear and 750 ml of snopes from germany, it is not made to party on, i make this solely for sleep,
Dawg

I had a lot of trouble with the only batch of SP I ever tried, and I liked the Dragon Blood I made better than the SP was tasting anyway, so I wasn't going to try it again. But this sounds very intriguing. I think I'm going to have to give it a try.
Do you add energizer every time you add sugar? Do you use a certain brand?
My favourite drink is Grand Marnier. I like my whisky neat. I think I would like your SP Port.

I had a lot of trouble with the only batch of SP I ever tried, and I liked the Dragon Blood I made better than the SP was tasting anyway, so I wasn't going to try it again. But this sounds very intriguing. I think I'm going to have to give it a try.
My favourite drink is Grand Marnier. I like my whisky neat. I think I would like your SP Port.
Go easy on the lemon juice before ferment. Add it on in the back end of ferment. Too much in the beginning may stall or prevent the fermentation. Many notes of this in many previous posts. Good luck!... btw I’ve been eyeing dawgs fortified sp for months. Can’t wait to make that knock your socks off type of drink. 🤘🏻

yep, it's real eazy, you put 6 gallon water, nutrient , energizer to pack directions, add sugar to a SG of 1.085 add only 1 bottle of lemon juice concentrate , pitch EC-1118 yeast, when SG gets to around .996 then add the other 5 bottles lemon concentrate, rack to secondary, once it has degased and cleared then pour your fifth 190 proof into a 6&1/2 carboy then rack your skeeter pee into that, then i add dry sugar and stir using a carboy degasser/ stirrer it's a small stainless rod with 2 plastic wings/paddles stir with drill i take my SG to 1.040 add 1/2 teaspoon potassium metabisulfite (k-meta) stirr, then bottle, now i will not let anyone drink till i explain it taste like lemonade but kicks like a mule, it WILL ambush you,, feel free to ask anything you need to know
dawg

Go easy on the lemon juice before ferment. Add it on in the back end of ferment. Too much in the beginning may stall or prevent the fermentation. Many notes of this in many previous posts. Good luck!... btw I’ve been eyeing dawgs fortified sp for months. Can’t wait to make that knock your socks off type of drink. 🤘🏻
Hi Musty..............ME TOO! Since my one and only lime SP stalled @ 1.022 despite restarting, I (out of desperation) racked it into the secondary with hopes for the future. I may very well fortify it, like the Dawg, and bottle...............to hell with fermenting it down to .994, etc.. (See, this is desperation rearing its ugly head again!) ........................Dizzy

I've been doing a little reading since then too, and came to the same conclusion about the lemon juice... btw, I like my beverages a little "hot" too!
KCCam.......................I am all about the "heat".............bring it on!................I will be starting a Dragon's Blood tomorrow, and any thoughts on how to heat that baby up will be entertained......................Dizzy

yep, it's real eazy, you put 6 gallon water, nutrient , energizer to pack directions, add sugar to a SG of 1.085 add only 1 bottle of lemon juice concentrate , pitch EC-1118 yeast, when SG gets to around .996 then add the other 5 bottles lemon concentrate, rack to secondary, once it has degased and cleared then pour your fifth 190 proof into a 6&1/2 carboy then rack your skeeter pee into that, then i add dry sugar and stir using a carboy degasser/ stirrer it's a small stainless rod with 2 plastic wings/paddles stir with drill i take my SG to 1.040 add 1/2 teaspoon potassium metabisulfite (k-meta) stirr, then bottle, now i will not let anyone drink till i explain it taste like lemonade but kicks like a mule, it WILL ambush you,, feel free to ask anything you need to know
dawg
Dawg, How much sugar before you stir and degas? Are you saying you bottle immediately? Thanks...................Dizzy

Back